Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think it's time to say... Steve Smith isn't elite anymore.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Discuss

Posted

Based on what? His solid performances the first two weeks before our QB play went to hell and he got hurt? His first week back from that injury? It's entirely too early to say that Smith isn't elite.

1 person likes this

Posted

He could still be elite. The Panthers offense is prohibiting him from being elite.

So you fail.

2 people like this

Posted

how can we say what ss is either way?

Posted

By this token, Larry Fitzgerald isn't elite anymore either.

REC 29--YDS 331--AVG 11.4-- TDS 2

OP is wetarded.

the fail is strong with this one.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for posting this..I'm reading on the toilet and this helped me with my dump.

2 people like this

Posted

I can accept that he's not what he once was. No longer elite, though? Not sure I buy that.

He's suffered as much from lack of a complementary threat as anything (plus Delhomme's 2009 nosedive).

Yes, he's older, and yes, he's gotten injury prone. But if I'm an opposing DC, I'm still putting a lot of time into preparing for him.

Posted

I don't understand how someone can come back from a high ankle sprain in 3 weeks and not have a hundred yard game...

Posted

Steve Smith floor is Hines Ward.

He'll contribute for a good long while.

Posted

Discuss

no

Posted

Thanks for posting this..I'm reading on the toilet and this helped me with my dump.

I second this post. I have been backed up for the last few hours. The OP loosened up my stool. Free flowin' now. Gracias.

1 person likes this

Posted

Smith has had everything that could possibly go against his numbers happen. Every WR in the top 10 since Smitty's career began has had above average to elite QB play. If not that then they have had better WR cores, yet Smith still delivered. The problem is that the offense has been entirely figured out with bad QB play, except for last Sunday. Give the guy a fuggin break, he would have had 1000 yds last season if he didn't break his arm. No one has a right to judge him right now.