Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think it's time to say... Steve Smith isn't elite anymore.

64 posts in this topic

Posted

He's still elite, we obviously have been dead last in passing yds. And it's been rough in the passing game for a while here, just image if we were geared for passing instead of running the ball? Like a Peyton Manning style offense, he would put up 2,000 yds a season easily in my opinion.

Still one of the most explosive, and motivated players in the sport... and he will stay that way until he's unable to play anymore.

Posted

Smith literally told the press he wanted to be like this (aka a slot receiver). Imagine how ass kicking our passing game will be next year if Gettis & LaFell continue to improve with Smith in the slot

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you are making the same mistake many did when they said the same thing about Matt after the first 2 games.

While Smith is no doubt getting older and his abilities will slow down, right now, we've only seen one game with Smith back after his ankle sprain, and it's just way to damn early to be saying stuff like this.

Wait at least 3-4 games and let him get into a rhythm before making such big statements.

Posted

If we start seeing people doubling Gettis and leaving Smith in single coverage and still low production, I think we can say he's lost several steps... but it's waaaaay too early to say that.

If he garners a double team and Gettis & Lafell keep beating people and getting open, does it really matter if Smith only has 50 yards a game for the rest of the season...?

Posted

He could still be elite. The Panthers offense is prohibiting him from being elite.

So you fail.

Why can't the retards around here see this?

Posted

This coming from the guy that tells us to watch a "real NFL qb" in Jake Locker. I think i'll pass.

Posted

Why can't the retards around here see this?

I don't know, that's why I made that thread with ALL CAPS. Maybe it will help.

It is f**king retarded.

Posted

hahaha look at all the butthurt homers. Smitty hasn't been elite for 2 years now. Welcome to reality.

everyone quick line up to make excuses why it's not his fault...

Posted

hahaha look at all the butthurt homers. Smitty hasn't been elite for 2 years now. Welcome to reality.

everyone quick line up to make excuses why it's not his fault...

Doesn't matter if you consider him elite or just good or whatever...the fact is this past Sunday doesn't mean anything unless it's followed by another 2-3 games of sub-par performance.

Then you can start talking about how he's not Elite, or good, or whatever it is you consider him to be.

Posted

Let's just say David Gettis doesn't catch all those TDs without Steve Smith. Then again maybe the 49ers coaches are so dumb they double and triple cover a mediocre receiver...

Posted

Let's just say David Gettis doesn't catch all those TDs without Steve Smith. Then again maybe the 49ers coaches are so dumb they double and triple cover a mediocre receiver...

LOL. Nice to see humor mixed in with common sense.

Posted

Doesn't matter if you consider him elite or just good or whatever...the fact is this past Sunday doesn't mean anything unless it's followed by another 2-3 games of sub-par performance.

Then you can start talking about how he's not Elite, or good, or whatever it is you consider him to be.

Its proven the past couple of years. How many times has he been shutout of games, dropping easy passes and running wrong routes.