Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did He Really F**k Up The Oath

58 posts in this topic

Posted

By using strategery.
Still one of my favorite Will Ferrell SNL bits.

Posted

obama said in an interview that they both had to help each other out at some point thru it.

Posted

Still getting the honeymoon.

Posted

Yes, I think he was being diplomatic. Wouldn't you think that they would have rehearsed it though...maybe together. It wouldn't have made him president anymore than you are already married after your wedding rehearsal.

I give the chief justice a pass though because it was his first inauguration as well. I'll bet it won't ever happen again.

I did find it interesting that an article in the paper said it happened to 2 other presidents during their inaugurations -- I can't remember who now -- and they redid the oath privately just to make it all constitutional. There was speculation that Obama and Roberts redid it as well.

I will tell you I know I could not have done it. How many people there? That had to be the most watched oaths ever.

Posted

Looking at the replay, I was surprised to see that he snuck the words "I admit I'm a Muslim" in there and Obama repeated them...

Posted

"Just words".

Posted

There was speculation that Obama and Roberts redid it as well.

yeah, they redid it today in a private ceremony in the white house.

Posted

yeah, they redid it today in a private ceremony in the white house.

Did Obama use his Koran this time?

Posted

Anyone else see Biden take a jab at the chief justice yesterday? It was supposed to funny but was rather awkward and Obama didn't look to happy about it.

Posted

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/21/biden-takes-dig-at-robert_n_159767.html

Obama taps him on the elbow as to say "Knock it off Joe"

I saw the video of that. Obama looked really irked for a second.

Obviously some legal gurus in the White House were very concerned that the oath was slightly flubbed. The chief even put his robe back on to do it again and they made it look as official as possible.

It is a shame in this day and time we have to do this kind of stuff just to keep lawsuits from happening.

Posted

It is a shame in this day and time we have to do this kind of stuff just to keep lawsuits from happening.

Yeah, and that's the exact reason that they re-did it... some dumbass out there would say "hey, he's not really the president if he didn't say it exactly right..."

and sue the gov't.