cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

http://www.huffingto...n_n_774432.html

just the usual.

Wait just a minute. Did he precede that with "I'm not racist"? This is important.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

oh dear god not again.

Can somebody sticky this thread so cwg can just make posts instead of creating new threads?

we get it. ALL tea party people and people that oppose Barry hate black people and latinos.

#4 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

meanwhile, the damn president of the United States is calling those voting citizens who oppose his policy "enemies". What a f*cking joke this all is.

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,421 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

the comments on the articles on huff poo are mind numbing. they blast this al guy for being a racist and at the same time claim the ENTIRE tea party is racist. you can't make this drivel up.

bottom line, if u lean right in the slightest,your personal observations are nil.
he would have been better off by never giving any interview or make any comments. just say vote for me.
is it plausibe some black guys might prefer dealing drugs over education? yeah. same for other races as well.
if you are white, you simply can't give your take on other races no matter how true(and for cantrell, im not saying this al guy is right so get that straight first) your take might be.

#6 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

if you are white, you simply can't give your take on other races no matter how true(and for cantrell, im not saying this al guy is right so get that straight first) your take might be.

Then that's a pretty silly argument to make in a thread like this. Could you point us toward something more relevant to the point you're trying to make?

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,421 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

umm, does your pc not have a mouse or allow you to scroll up to the top of the thread?
go watch any video of any person, lib, con, whatever and see how they avoid commenting on another race with extreme caution.

of course this is going to be turned into u support bigots and yada yada. i should just play poker with all the lefty's and take money instead of spending bandwidth

#8 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:11 PM

I for one spent 8 years of my life from middle school to high school going to schools in predominately black neighborhoods. I have numerous friends (life long friends that I'd help at the ring of a cell phone today) that said f*ck school and chose the drug game. Smart guys that could have went to college. Guys that were great athletes and had chances for scholarships. They said f*ck it because there was money to be made today, not after 4 years of college. Just so happens, 100% of those friends I'm speaking of were black guys. That's just a fact and to ignore the fact that the drug game has a HUGE influence on minority communities is bullsh*t. I tried to play the great white hope. I had these guys to my house for dinner. Tried to convince them to choose the school route. But you know what, there was no interest. My advice was pointless because I couldn't factor in some of the influences these guys were facing. What I didn't realize as a white dude growing up in the suburbs is that the game was all around these guys 24/7. Until that changes, a majority of the kids are faced with a choice that is heavily weighted toward the wrong decision.

What this guy said and how he said it was bullsh*t, no doubt. He made it sound like all minority men are drug dealers and we all know that's bullsh*t. But some of you need to get off of your ivory tower and check out reality.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 26 October 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#9 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

It's more lucrative for inner city black men to sell drugs than to go to college. We need to do more to make it more desirable for inner city black men to go to college than to sell drugs.

Clearly he's insane.

#10 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

umm, does your pc not have a mouse or allow you to scroll up to the top of the thread?
go watch any video of any person, lib, con, whatever and see how they avoid commenting on another race with extreme caution.

of course this is going to be turned into u support bigots and yada yada. i should just play poker with all the lefty's and take money instead of spending bandwidth

Well, when you get tired of misrepresenting my position, be sure to provide examples which support your argument.

Also...

umm, you already said you don't think he's right, so I really don't understand what you're getting at here.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

The deal is that there's been SO MANY comments, resignations, etc for overtly racist behavior with these Tea Party people that it's not some kind of marginal issue. You can place your argument that they don't represent the majority of these folks, but the odds are in my arguments favor. All I want to do is show this basic truth that I've whined about all along - racism is an active participant in these peoples actions. The Tea Party has the most hardcore right wing Republicans involved, and they have no problem using the remnants of the Southern Strategy, remolded into their needs, to gain votes. It's not difficult to see.

This guy may not even be overtly racist - just so completely clueless about people that are not white, male and Republican that it's almost as bad. To suggest that African American males are so lazy that they would rather sell drugs than work shows incredible disprespect to an entire group of people, that he himself is too lazy to concern himself with anything but politically self serving blanket statements...and that his target demographic will probably like him more for saying it. The last part hits the target of what I am getting at.

#12 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

He has it wrong. We love schools, that is where we do most of our dealing. Usually to defenseless white kids.

^ Ha.

1. Most drug users are white...

2. People have really fuged up the definition of the word "racist" This isn't racist. Its...kind of true, but he isn't intelligent enough to understand that instead of getting an education some black men figure they can make more money selling bricks in two days than at a year at Mcdonalds...its Capitalism!!!

3.People also need to realize that during the Prohibiton days..the "Gangsters" of Chicago were...white..and they would have rather did what they did..over getting an education.

He makes it seem as if none of us would want an education at all....thats where the racism comes in..

#13 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

That being said....yes....many members of the Tea Party are racist...not all....the movement itself may not be founded upon racism..but....you really have to be blind and or a non racist member of the tea party to not see the racism..

#14 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

The deal is that there's been SO MANY comments, resignations, etc for overtly racist behavior with these Tea Party people that it's not some kind of marginal issue. You can place your argument that they don't represent the majority of these folks, but the odds are in my arguments favor. All I want to do is show this basic truth that I've whined about all along - racism is an active participant in these peoples actions. The Tea Party has the most hardcore right wing Republicans involved, and they have no problem using the remnants of the Southern Strategy, remolded into their needs, to gain votes. It's not difficult to see.

This guy may not even be overtly racist - just so completely clueless about people that are not white, male and Republican that it's almost as bad. To suggest that African American males are so lazy that they would rather sell drugs than work shows incredible disprespect to an entire group of people, that he himself is too lazy to concern himself with anything but politically self serving blanket statements...and that his target demographic will probably like him more for saying it. The last part hits the target of what I am getting at.

I believe the belief that african-american males are lazy is your stereotype. I didn't see where this politician said that. He said it was more lucrative to sell drugs. You said they were lazy.

The friends I spoke of in my last post worked hard and got flat out paid in highschool. That's the reason my friends chose to stay away from college. Cash money.

#15 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Legalize all drugs.....and we really won't have this problem..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com