Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

Of course Tea Party people aren't racist! Part 47

97 posts in this topic

First, how exactly did I backtrack? I said from the beginning that socioeconomic status is significant. Just because you say I backtracked, doesn't mean I really did.

1) Reinforce racial stereotypes (you'd be quick to yell BIGOT if it were me doing the same thing)

Uh, no I wouldn't? Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. The problem with the conservative thought process is that they take their flaws, magnify them, and project them on those they disagree with. What that politician said was racist. Saying that students from single-parent homes and foreign-language speaking homes struggle isn't quite the same. The school system is more favorable to English speaking children who do not come from a single parent home. White students are more likely to fit both demographics. We don't have a national language and, until we do, it's not their responsibility to learn English.

2) Say what I say - (it isn't cool to do well in school)

And why isn't it? A history of oppression and an acceptance that they have little upward social mobility. Blacks deal with poor upward mobility. None of this is new.

3) Some people are st00pid because they don't know big words and don't have insurance

That's what you got from that? Really? You just happened to gloss over the part that directly related children of low-income families with poor performance in school? Holy fug.

4) Good teachers can "close the gap" but notice it doesn't say increase the scores of black students.

Oh, so they mean good teachers would "close the gap" by decreasing the scores of white students? lol

5) Gives more proof that the consensus is that blacks are st00pid.

Surprise! "googoodan" overlooks the connection to socioeconomic status again!

6) Says slow learners are lazy because they're slow learners. (huh)

So you're not much of a sociology or psychology guy, eh?

Wow. Mind numbing. And it reinforces what I said - you (and apparently many others) believe blacks are so st00pid that excuses have to be made for them.

Why do you feel that way?

Would you please quote where that was said? Everything I posted relates low socioeconomic status and the institutionally racist education system as the leading factors for the achievement gap. If you're arguing against the idea that low socioeconomic status and a broken education system are responsible for the achievement gap, you are arguing for the idea that blacks are genetically predispositioned to lower IQs. Or perhaps they choose not to learn because they don't want to "act white," but that has nothing to do with their perception of white privilege and the tension that results!

First, how exactly did I backtrack? I said from the beginning that socioeconomic status is significant. Just because you say I backtracked, doesn't mean I really did.

Uh, no I wouldn't? Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. The problem with the conservative thought process is that they take their flaws, magnify them, and project them on those they disagree with. What that politician said was racist. Saying that students from single-parent homes and foreign-language speaking homes struggle isn't quite the same. The school system is more favorable to English speaking children who do not come from a single parent home. White students are more likely to fit both demographics. We don't have a national language and, until we do, it's not their responsibility to learn English.

And why isn't it? A history of oppression and an acceptance that they have little upward social mobility. Blacks deal with poor upward mobility. None of this is new.

That's what you got from that? Really? You just happened to gloss over the part that directly related children of low-income families with poor performance in school? Holy fug.

Oh, so they mean good teachers would "close the gap" by decreasing the scores of white students? lol

Surprise! "googoodan" overlooks the connection to socioeconomic status again!

So you're not much of a sociology or psychology guy, eh?

Would you please quote where that was said? Everything I posted relates low socioeconomic status and the institutionally racist education system as the leading factors for the achievement gap. If you're arguing against the idea that low socioeconomic status and a broken education system are responsible for the achievement gap, you are arguing for the idea that blacks are genetically predispositioned to lower IQs. Or perhaps they choose not to learn because they don't want to "act white," but that has nothing to do with their perception of white privilege and the tension that results!

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

/cantrell logic.

1 person likes this

Man, this one was easy.

Cantrell I thought you hated slavery? Cause you just got owned.

1 person likes this

Cantrell I thought you hated slavery? Cause you just got owned.

Hey, it's everyone's favorite cheerleader!

Come back when you can form an argument that isn't vague generalities and "gut feelings" please.

Now who's racist...

someone that can tell by the melonin level in your skin and determine that you are immediately disadvantaged and require their help....

or someone that doesn't assume these things and treats you like an person with equal opportunities.

Now who's racist...

someone that can tell by the melonin level in your skin and determine that you are immediately disadvantaged and require their help....

or someone that doesn't assume these things and treats you like an person with equal opportunities.

Can you provide statistics that show that the average black person has "equal opportunities"? Can you refute the achievement gap? The income gap? No? OK then.

I really think you're missing the bigger picture here. The achievement gap.

20090509-usa.png

The income gap.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/09/27/daily11.html

But please, keep sharing your anecdotal evidence.

Totally agree. Those metro's have also been dominated by Dem controlled Gov or Mayors. But the Tea Party is the boogeyman?

There is much work to be done to close those gaps. I volunteer to make sure those gaps are closed but I'm the narrowmided guy.

Some of the tea bag movement has its roots in racism. Of course, its nothing they would ever admit to. I don't believe the Libertarian party has much racism at all. Those people dumb enough to be racist won't understand the Libertarian principles. But the tea party? Yes, majority are morons who think Glen Beck is not an entertainer but someone who should be taken seriously.

Hey, it's everyone's favorite cheerleader!

Come back when you can form an argument that isn't vague generalities and "gut feelings" please.

I can't reply to this. You are someone else's property and I must take it up with them.

Can you provide statistics that show that the average black person has "equal opportunities"? Can you refute the achievement gap? The income gap? No? OK then.

I'm not prejudging or stereotyping ...you are.

The statistics may show a predisposition to one way our another, but you're applying a broad brush.

until i hear from each member of the tea party, i will reserve judement its a racist group. like any group, we seem to have to preface this fact every day in der huddle, there are jackasses and morons.

Take a guess which folks in those groups the media latches on to?