Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

Of course Tea Party people aren't racist! Part 47

97 posts in this topic

until i hear from each member of the tea party, i will reserve judement its a racist group. like any group, we seem to have to preface this fact every day in der huddle, there are jackasses and morons.

Take a guess which folks in those groups the media latches on to?

I don't think the Tea Party is racist. But I do think it's lame as shit.

2 people like this

Can you provide statistics that show that the average black person has "equal opportunities"? Can you refute the achievement gap? The income gap? No? OK then.

You are the one that stereotyped an entire race, just like Al Reynolds did.

I assume you agree with the bolded part of this Al Reynolds statement? Right?

"We need to provide ways that are more incentive, other than just sports avenues, for the men for the minorities to want to go to college and get an education and better themselves before the women have to support them all."

So if he would have phrased his comments in a more sensitive fashion, you would be in lockstep with this Tea Party guy. LOL, maybe you shouldn't vote a straight party ticket. Here is a guy that is looking to make the lines in your little charts and graphs intersect. Sounds to me like he wants to help, but he made a stupid comment that all the libs and progressives ran with.

Cantrell, you are just an elitist asshole who thinks he knows everything and knows what's best for the next guy even though you are 3,000 miles away from his problems. Pelsoi and Ried would be proud.

I really think you're missing the bigger picture here. The achievement gap.

20090509-usa.png

The income gap.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/09/27/daily11.html

But please, keep sharing your anecdotal evidence.

And of course it is everyone else's fault for their results. It has nothing to do with the student or their parents.

It is the teachers fault....it is the schools fault....it is a cultural thing....it is all of our fault that they don't fuging study and don't fuging pass.

How about a little accountability.

I don't think the graph identifies fault. It's just a statistical indicator that there are still issues somehow related to race in education, regardless of what the issues are.

I don't think the graph identifies fault. It's just a statistical indicator that there are still issues somehow related to race in education, regardless of what the issues are.

Agreed.

Although I don't agree with most of what the article said. However, I do believe there is a much higher proportion of depression and suicide among homosexual teens than heterosexual ones. Anything that makes you different when you are a teenager is life altering. A break-up by a girlfriend or boyfriend spirals teens into depression.

Although I don't agree with most of what the article said. However, I do believe there is a much higher proportion of depression and suicide among homosexual teens than heterosexual ones. Anything that makes you different when you are a teenager is life altering. A break-up by a girlfriend or boyfriend spirals teens into depression.

My step sister is gay. She's tried to kill herself three times after breakups with girlfriends. I don't know if that is common or not. Seems like the pressure is made worse because there aren't as many "other fish in the sea."

Please, no tuna jokes.

That's not what this guy is saying. He's saying that they want to kill themselves because somehow inside they know that they are "abnormal".

"Abnormal" is an external judgement from society to an individual. You remove the judgement, you remove the issue. Its this guy and people like him that are the cause.

That's not what this guy is saying. He's saying that they want to kill themselves because somehow inside they know that they are "abnormal".

"Abnormal" is an external judgement from society to an individual. You remove the judgement, you remove the issue. Its this guy and people like him that are the cause.

That, too.

You are the one that stereotyped an entire race, just like Al Reynolds did.

I assume you agree with the bolded part of this Al Reynolds statement? Right?

Hey, "southcakpanther" is wrong again. Surprise! I can't make you understand, and I really can't dumb it down any further. You don't get it. It's cool. It's not like you're in danger of winning an election and imposing your idiotic beliefs that are backed with no statistical evidence.

"We need to provide ways that are more incentive, other than just sports avenues, for the men for the minorities to want to go to college and get an education and better themselves before the women have to support them all."

I don't, in any way, agree with this. His argument is that minorities make the choice to sell drugs rather than attain an education. The fact is, socioeconomic status and a broken education system result in fewer minorities advancing to college. It's not rocket science; it's sociology.

So if he would have phrased his comments in a more sensitive fashion, you would be in lockstep with this Tea Party guy. LOL, maybe you shouldn't vote a straight party ticket. Here is a guy that is looking to make the lines in your little charts and graphs intersect. Sounds to me like he wants to help, but he made a stupid comment that all the libs and progressives ran with.

Look at how dumb you are.

Cantrell, you are just an elitist asshole who thinks he knows everything and knows what's best for the next guy even though you are 3,000 miles away from his problems. Pelsoi and Ried would be proud.

Still waiting on statistics which refute the achievement gap and income gap. Maybe something offering definitive proof that minorities don't achieve more and make more because they're "lazy"? I'm really loving this blame-the-victim mentality you've got going on here.

And of course it is everyone else's fault for their results. It has nothing to do with the student or their parents.

It is the teachers fault....it is the schools fault....it is a cultural thing....it is all of our fault that they don't fuging study and don't fuging pass.

How about a little accountability.

So your argument would be that minorities are naturally going to score lower and, thus, make less? Even when socioeconomic status is correlated with achievement? This is the definition of racism, btw.

Also, i cited theory which ties parental influence to the child's education. However, parental influence is directly affected by socioeconomic status. My point still stands.

I honestly can't believe that it's 2010 and I'm having to explain to people that it's statistically a disadvantage in today's societal structure to be black. Facts be damned, we're postracial, right?

Since I'm apparently discussing sociology with people who, aside from googoodan, probably haven't taken a sociology course above intro in their lives, I'm not going to try to convince you guys. You have a predetermined set of beliefs backed by no factual evidence. Statistical evidence is rejected by "southcakpanther" because it goes directly against his predetermined belief. I'll leave you guys with this.

Racism_in_America_cartoon.jpg