Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest African American in history

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Was it MLK? Muhammad Ali? BHO? Steve Smith? State your choice and post your argument here.

Posted

Fredrick Douglas

Posted

Was it MLK? Muhammad Ali? BHO? Steve Smith? State your choice and post your argument here.

George Washington Carver. He was an African American version of Thomas Edison. A brilliant man who contributed a great deal to Southern agriculture and society.

Posted

To avoid some obvious names I will go with Garrett Augustus Morgan. The inventor of the "modern" traffic light.

/

Posted

Big Daddy Kane.

Posted

too broad of a question. too many great things by too many great people. could you pick the greatest white person? that's kind of a silly question isn't it?

neil degrasse tyson and cornell west are on my list of favorite living people in general.

Posted

too broad of a question. too many great things by too many great people. could you pick the greatest white person? that's kind of a silly question isn't it?

neil degrasse tyson and cornell west are on my list of favorite living people in general.

I could pick the greatest white American. Ronald Wilson Reagan, baby.

I gotta go with my homeboy, Cassius Clay. So sad that Parkinson's has taken away his ability to speak. He really is a great guy, and not just a great athlete. I don't think he had anything for Tyson, though. Ali in his prime and Tyson in his prime? TKO in three.

Posted

George Washington Carver. He was an African American version of Thomas Edison. A brilliant man who contributed a great deal to Southern agriculture and society.

I agree with this assessment.

Posted

bill clinton

Posted

I dont think a sports figure should be in the running for greatest African American, there are so many others that have done a lot for the advancement of their people. MLK has to be up near the top for me.

Posted

IMO, the only sports figure who should be considered is Jackie Robinson. My vote would go to either Marcus Garvey or MLK. The greatest black man in history is the real King Taharqa. :cool:

Posted

Booker T or Michael Winslow