Photo
- - - - -

Prediction:The 2009 Carolina Panthers will have a losing record and Fox will be fired

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,570 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

Talking about the strength of schedule BEFORE free agency and the draft is insane.

EVERYBODY had the Falcons getting 2-3 wins this season. Thanks for coming.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 21 January 2009 - 12:12 PM.
Stupid cuss word editing machine.

#32 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

Personally, I think that history is just that. History. There are so many changes that happen each year to rosters and coaching staff that it's impossible to predict. We may play worse, but FA and the draft could also put the missing puzzle pieces in place. Who's to say our schedule for next year is going to be any tougher than this year, as any one of those teams could have losing years as well. I won't make any predictions, but I do know that having low expecatations usually leads to a pleasant surprise. :D

#33 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Good grief...this board is full of drama queens. The Panthers just went 12-4 and have one of the best running games in the league.

Quit acting like a bunch of damn babies already.

I know. Pussies Galore.

#34 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Personally, I think that history is just that. History. There are so many changes that happen each year to rosters and coaching staff that it's impossible to predict.

Indeed. If this year alone didn't show people that the past is meaningless and all those idiotic "records" media talk about are insignificant (such and such team has never won at X stadium, etc), I don't know what year would. All that EVER matters is what a team plays like on any given Sunday/Monday/Saturday/Thursday.
That said, he certainly has a right to predict whatever he wants.

#35 Fan4life

Fan4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

We had our chance this year. We missed it. So what ever happens now happens.

#36 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,570 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

We had our chance this year. We missed it. So what ever happens now happens.

Awesome.

#37 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

My concern is that this team has never put back to back good seasons together. there always seems to be a drop for whatever reason. Very disappointing.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

My prediction is that we have back to back winning seasons for the first time, win 10 games next year and make the playoffs. Our defense will be okay but our offense will be top 10. Jake will have a great year, DeAngelo will go to the pro-bowl, we will upgrade the defensive line at DT and DE and will draft a shutdown corner. Our return game will improve to the point that we actually run one back for a TD.

How do I know this? I don't, but my predictions make as much or more sense that those predicting gloom and doom. Instead of worrying about all the hard teams we play, I expect at least a few of them are lamenting they have to play the NFC South this year.

Edited by panthers55, 21 January 2009 - 09:32 PM.

#39 bryn10

bryn10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Never underestimate what a solid run game can do.

Agreed, we do have one hell of a tough schedule though, It dosent matter who we play though, I still feel we will be better than NO,TB,ATL. I still think we can win our division

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.