Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your party is about to get their ass handed to them...

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Allow me to bolster your arguement.

Spending bills are the product of the house. Control the house, you control spending. Control spending, you control the biggest piece of the federal government.

That to. :)

Posted

Electoral-vote.com has it as 51-48 with Alaska being a tie between an independent an the republican.

The democrats would need to hold on to their very narrow margins in West Virginia and Washington to ensure control.

Fwiw, I kind of enjoy this stuff. Well, except for all the name calling and bickering. The actual political workings are pretty interesting.

I can say that in Washington, even in the ultra-liberal area where I live, there is a mass exodus from the Democratic Party, at least at the state level. For Senate, Patty Murray has run a very effective campaign against Dino Rossi and will probably retain her seat. But the race is very close.

Posted

I think WV breaks for Raese. Voter turn out for democratic supporters increases before the west coast polls close in response to a wave election, keeping people like Murray and Boxer in office and the Republicans out of a Senate majority.

Posted

It is amazing at how small and dumb the R-Wingers brains are. They think "if we have control of the House, we control Congress!"

Lets totally forget about the senate!

And you expect your opinions to be taken seriously...

god you are a dense fuger.

The Republicans do NOT need to take control of both the Senate and the House to drastically change the balance in Washington.

Controlling the House would allow them to block much of the drunken spending that Obama has had free reign to pass for the past two years.

It will FORCE him to actually work with the other side of the aisle...rather than the pathetic lip service that he is feeding us now.

Then, in two more years.....he will ride off into the sunset to be rememberd (along with Carter) as two presidents that damn near bankrupted the country with their incompetence.

Posted

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/29/voter-intimidation-mcdonalds-republican_n_776187.html

It's you know, actually real and documented voter intimidation. Not the "we have reports please send money" type.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/29/voter-intimidation-mcdonalds-republican_n_776187.html

Sounds about what unions have been telling their members for years...and democrats telling people that republicans plan to poison rivers, starve children, and force old people to eat dog food.

I think the manager's just telling it like it is.

Posted

Here is your genius^^^^

Most if not all News outlets say Dems will keep control of the Senate, apparently Meat is pretty ignorant when it comes to this.

Is this why Ohio State sucks in big games? When it's third and eight their receivers run five yard patterns? When they need a touchdown to tie they go for a field goal? You really are a buffoon.

Posted

I rest my case...

Posted

Sounds about what unions have been telling their members for years...and democrats telling people that republicans plan to poison rivers, starve children, and force old people to eat dog food.

I think the manager's just telling it like it is.

Another specific documented issue countered with "sounds about" generic scary union scariness

Posted

Another specific documented issue countered with "sounds about" generic scary union scariness

I've seen union BS firsthand in local politics

Posted

I'm going to go with what Jimmy Carter said last night, he said if the repubs win majority in the house it will help Obama. Meaning, the republicans have fillibustered everything that they try to pass, now that they have majority more of them are going to feel like they have a obligation to do what's right by the American people. I think either way is good for Obama.

Posted

PJp6g.jpg
2 people like this