28 replies to this topic

#16 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

eff u guys... It seems that noone wants to have a panther that people can associate with or like (as long as hes not a tarheel).

so eff off, I havent spewed poo after we drafted him but its pathetic, YES we over payed for him, Yes hes a project, YES John Fox and Davidson can't put together an offense. It seems you guys want him to fail. Very pathetic

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

People hate on UNC players here all the time. All I had to do was predict that Hilee Taylor would make the team, and I was accused of saying that he was a superstar because I'm a Tar Heel homer.

Personally, I don't care where any of these players went to school. Once they sign on that dotted line and become Panthers, what they did in college immediately becomes irrelevant anyway.

#18 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

On a side note, the first beer of the day is always delish

#19 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

On a side note, the first beer of the day is always delish

hahah very true i think i started early because I got off early. Road rage was the source of that last post.

#20 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Well, they would have to be complete morons if they didn't understand that it would take some time for a div.1a college QB to learn to play WR in the NFL. It's hard enough for big time college WR's to learn to play WR in the NFL, much less a guy who hasn't done it since HS.

and we see it everyday..

it's one thing to bitch about the pick, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a good possibility that we might not see Edwards contribute for another 3 years..

#21 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

and we see it everyday..

it's one thing to bitch about the pick, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a good possibility that we might not see Edwards contribute for another 3 years..

I cannot accept that! :mad:

#22 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

People hate on UNC players here all the time. All I had to do was predict that Hilee Taylor would make the team, and I was accused of saying that he was a superstar because I'm a Tar Heel homer.

Personally, I don't care where any of these players went to school. Once they sign on that dotted line and become Panthers, what they did in college immediately becomes irrelevant anyway.

I agree. I will willingly label myself an App homer, hence AE homer. So be it...everyone here is a homer of some college/university IMO.

#23 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Our FO hasn't drafted or developed a WR worth diddly-poo prior to this year, and the jury is still out on the new guys.

I think drafting a college QB to play WR is a by-product of that ineptitude, personally. However, none of that is Edwards' fault, and yet he takes the brunt of the heat on that.

No one should feel bad for hoping one of our draft picks pans out, and supporting the guy during his development, but that's what goes on here.

#24 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,756 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

I agree. I will willingly label myself an App homer, hence AE homer. So be it...everyone here is a homer of some college/university IMO.

I second this! Proud ASU alum and like to see our guys go pro. Who doesn't?

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

pretty sure the lack of AE threads is directly related to two things:
1) moore played well (so hard to say AE WILL BE THE BEST QB11!!)
2) gettis & lafell played well (so hard to argue he plays better than they did).

that's my opinion anyway. sure, clowny & thomas did a bit, but there were AE threads after the clowney signing, and I think there was one going even after Thomas' signing.

bigger deal was the passing game on Sunday imo.

#26 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

I think Edwards is a good player he just needs a lot of time to adjust and build up his frame for the bigger hits.

I'd like to see him play but most posters are probably right that it's more effective to have the experienced guys in right now rather than Edwards for a handful of plays.

#27 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

One guy who I feel is flying under the radar is Everette Brown. He's running out of time. Whatever his reasons for being inffective are eventually it wont matter if this keeps up.

#28 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

We will find out next preseason/training camp whether edwards will have a role on this team....so far i would say he is unlikely to have a roster spot next year...nothing against him but there are far too many guys ahead of him.

#29 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

Yea true that.. I am a LSU homer so Brandon Lafell to me is the next moose :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.