Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets narrow it down a bit, what players would you not trade for a first rounder?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Hopefully by Dan Connor.

Nah, Dan is more a MLB I think.

He isn't the fastest in the world either.

I dunno tho, might be worth the experiement.

If he could play up to his billing we would have a rather Sick LB corps.

Diggs has been beyond good the past 2 years IMO.

Posted

Diggs has been great, don't get me wrong.

He is just getting up there in years for an NFL LBer. I'm sure Dan is as fast as Diggs is right now. He could do well at the Sam position. Will is where you need the most speed. Beason and Davis are fast enough to compensate for any lack of speed Connor might present.

Posted

Diggs has been great, don't get me wrong.

He is just getting up there in years for an NFL LBer. I'm sure Dan is as fast as Diggs is right now. He could do well at the Sam position. Will is where you need the most speed. Beason and Davis are fast enough to compensate for any lack of speed Connor might present.

No argument from me.

Posted

What players would you not trade straight up for say the #12 pick in the upcoming draft?

For me

Beason

Smith

Williams

Otah

What would you want to draft with the 12th pick?

Posted

How many teams in the league can you name with two stud tackles

Thats exactly why you don't trade either tho...we could have the best OL in the league for the next 4-5 years with those guys. Any average running back in the league could rack up 1100 yards with the bulk of the carries.

Posted

What would you want to draft with the 12th pick?

Umm....Michael Johnson would be who I would take for this team.

Posted

beason, otah, thomas davis, d williams, steve smith, and gross

gamble would be questionable

could we trade fox and get a 1st round pick?

Posted

Beason, Smith, Stewart, Williams, Gross, Otah, Gamble, Davis

I would trade kalil easily, because i think hangman is more than serviceable, and we could replace kalil with another 2nd round pick center.

I would also trade Harris easily, because there are so many better Safties that could be had in the 1st round that run 4.4 40's and have ball hawking skills.. that are not liabilities in the pass game, and hit just as hard as Harris, a la, Palamalu, or Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc.

Posted

Beason, Smith, Stewart, Williams, Gross, Otah, Gamble, Davis

I would trade kalil easily, because i think hangman is more than serviceable, and we could replace kalil with another 2nd round pick center.

I would also trade Harris easily, because there are so many better Safties that could be had in the 1st round that run 4.4 40's and have ball hawking skills.. that are not liabilities in the pass game, and hit just as hard as Harris, a la, Palamalu, or Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc.

If I was going for a safety I'd want to wait a year and get that freak at USC.

Posted

kalil is one of the top Centers in the league, notice how our rungame suffered when he was the only one out.

You can't replace his leadership tho, that is what increases his value. This is His and Beason's defense.

Posted

Otah, Double Trouble, Smitty, Beason, Harris, Gross, and Davis. Everyone else is a possiblity

Posted

kalil is one of the top Centers in the league, notice how our rungame suffered when he was the only one out.

You can't replace his leadership tho, that is what increases his value. This is His and Beason's defense.

I see where you are coming from on Kalil, but I just don't believe any center in the entire league is worth the #12 overall pick in the draft.

It is difficult to replace Harris' leadership, that is very true, but if Hurney were given the opportunity to trade Harris for a Taylor Mays type Safety, you better believe he would jump at the shot and our defense would be that much better for it. With a guy like Mays, you can do a lot more with your defense that having a guy like Harris in there.