Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Steve Smith wasn't lying...

80 posts in this topic

I wouldn't hold that one against him; you can at least give him that one. Let the man do something in the offseason.

:o

I'll murder them if they trade him.

No, he doesn't get that one. He's an NFL player. That's what he does. He wants to do something in the offseason? Go to the beach, relax, watch movies, mow your grass, DO NOT play flag football in a league with other NFL players. I don't feel bad for someone that makes millions and just can't play physical sports in the offseason. What a hard life.

I guess we're a bit off point for this topic, but just had to put that out there. They are players, and have a job, let's stop treating them like royalty.

Sorry, if I am paying an employee a couple million of dollars of salary every year, and one of the conditions of this agreement is not to engage in any activity in which they could injure themselves, and they go out and injure themselves. Then I am sorry but they are open for criticism. Bonehead move and not just because he got injured.

Eh, Delhomme was never a very good QB. He was above average. Smith has been, at times, one of the best receivers in the league. He is also the reason that Jake was ever anything better than average.

I would go one further and call Steve the best WR from 2005-2007. 06 and 07 were lost chances where he could have beefed his resume for Canton. Instead, Jake's poo play/injuries and no legit number 2 hurt him dearly.

No, he doesn't get that one. He's an NFL player. That's what he does. He wants to do something in the offseason? Go to the beach, relax, watch movies, mow your grass, DO NOT play flag football in a league with other NFL players. I don't feel bad for someone that makes millions and just can't play physical sports in the offseason. What a hard life.

I guess we're a bit off point for this topic, but just had to put that out there. They are players, and have a job, let's stop treating them like royalty.

Since I use my laptop to do my job I shouldn't bring it home and use it for home use. Got it.

Nah, seriously, I'm not really using that analogy; just giving you a hard time. :P

Honestly, it must've been a freak accident or some rough flag football for that to happen.

EDIT: Jesus, you guys are really going at it about the injury, eh? I don't think that is why he is underperforming, so I'm not sure why it's such a big deal.

Eh, Delhomme and Smitty's career together was largely characterized by Delhomme making absurd throws into double coverage and Smith making outrageous circus catches. But yeah, Delhomme was the one making Smith look good...

No one said he made Smith look good, I'm saying, Jake had his part. They had great chemistry. Jake put it where it needed to be a lot of times. Smith demanded those passes. Jake had a hand in all of that, no matter what anyone says. Yes, he was avg as best, but still.

And sorry, Peppers has had the best career of a Panther, but Smith is a close second.

Me and Salt can make sure that happens... or else...

If you do my board name will be DockeryisGod and I will name my first born named after you.

Eh, Delhomme and Smitty's career together was largely characterized by Delhomme making absurd throws into double coverage and Smith making outrageous circus catches. But yeah, Delhomme was the one making Smith look good...

Once again Delhomme best year was without Smith. And Smith worst year was without Jake. Just sayin.

And sorry, Peppers has had the best career of a Panther, but Smith is a close second.

Ohhh no you didn't.

If you do my board name will be DockeryisGod and I will name my first born named after you.

I'm such a Smith homer that it's likely to happen.

Ohhh no you didn't.

I'm such a Smith homer that it's likely to happen.

Ooohh weee mayne.

-Matt Moore

Delhomme is the most overrated Panther in our short history...that is all :D