79 replies to this topic

#31 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Sure, Smith may not be the player he once was but, even with the drops and fumbles, he's far and away our best receiver.

Being the tallest midget still means you're a midget. Being the best crappy player still means you're a crappy player. And the drops and fumbles cost us today.

#32 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Other than that, like I said, for the same points I mentioned above is why I don't think it'd hurt us to let him go for compensation. The Patriots have always done it, and by some accounts, too early with players (Branch, Seymour, etc.), yet they still win. Yes, they have a HOF QB, but in regards to all other positions, they get rid of guys no matter how good they are and get value for them. We don't and hang onto guys too long.

The Patriots don't trade their top players when they have no viable replacement. Gettis and Lafell have not, by any means, shown that they are capable of contributing as full-time starters. They each had ONE good game out of seven.

#33 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Being the tallest midget still means you're a midget. Being the best crappy player still means you're a crappy player. And the drops and fumbles cost us today.

Sure, and Gettis not contributing cost us, too. Sure, you can blame that on Moore or Davidson, but maybe he just wasn't getting open? Oh wait, I forgot that David Gettis is the messiah because he had one good game.

#34 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

The Patriots don't trade their top players when they have no viable replacement. Gettis and Lafell have not, by any means, shown that they are capable of contributing as full-time starters. They each had ONE good game out of seven.

Actually they do. They traded Seymour and have had problems on the DL since b/c although they have Wilfork, Seymour was versatile and played all across that line. That wasn't replaced. They also traded Branch to the Seahawks a year before they got Moss. What they do is ensure they have draft picks to replace them later. We give away draft picks for sh*t players or projects that we refuse to play.

#35 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

Please stop saying that Smith is losing his speed. He may not threaten to go the distance after the catch every time anymore, but he's still beating DB's with ease.

but he has lost speed. i started noticing this against dallas last year. it also seems like his yards after the catch are nowhere near what they used to be.

#36 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,428 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

He's still head and shoulders the best WR we have.

Smith would have had about 130 yards and 2 TD's if Moore knew how to throw to where the pressure's coming from.

As it is he had 85 yards.

I remember a time when we all laughed at the Atlanta board. Now it looks like we've become it.

#37 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

he's still our best wide receiver, there's no doubt about that. does that mean he's as good as he once was? no.

#38 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Smitty is getting older if he's lost a step or two IDK but his age is the main reason I want AJ Green over all other prospects in this upcoming draft. Go out and get a guy to groom as the number 1 I'm not sure if Gettis or LaFell are number 1 guys AJ Green just has all of the tools to be a number 1.

Smitty is still the best Panther ever and our best wideout just feel sorry for him being wasted in Carolina all these years with sh!tty QB play and no help :(

#39 CarolinaBlue34

CarolinaBlue34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

So i guess we should trade Johnathan Stewart?

#40 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

"Steve Smith is the best player we have."

Fine, when we stack the pile of crap that our team is, we'll put him at the top. King Turd.

#41 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

hes borderline WR2

#42 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Speed, age, ability slowing down is one thing. I expected all of that to take place.

What I didn't expect is hanging on to the ball to ever become a problem with him, dropping caught balls when hitting the ground.....and on top of that...letting his temper 2 games in a row turn the tide in favor of our opponent.

This is the second game in a row, momentum changed because of Smith trying to prove something and causing a fumble. There is such a thing as trying too hard.

I have been on of Steve Smith's biggest supporter but he has not matured one bit. He's still allowing his temper to get the best of him. That's both dissapointing and inexcusable to me from a probowl, veteran receiver.

He will not last long at this age if he doesn't learn to keep his ego in check.

#43 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

I have been on of Steve Smith's biggest supporter but he has not matured one bit. He's still allowing his temper to get the best of him. That's both dissapointing and inexcusable to me from a probowl, veteran receiver.

That's alright; I'll ride the ship into the ground. You go on ahead.

#44 slideez

slideez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

Lets say you had a friend called "it" and it's home phone number is 555-5555...so you get on the phone and dial 555-5555.....what did you just do.......cause i do it all the time.........SS will not return next year

Posted Image

im out this bitch

#45 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Sorry guys, but I've seen Smith make miracles happen way too many times to give up on him after two bad games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.