Photo
- - - - -

Clay Matthews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,564 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

Walk on at USC. NFL bloodlines. Mike Mayock said his stock is rising this week at the Senior Bowl practices. More of a stand up guy and might be a Hilee Taylor dupe, but it seems like he was always around the ball when I saw USC play. He would probably fall into the 2nd round. Not sure if he is worth it or if he would fit in as an NFL DE at Carolina with Trgocrap. Maybe more of a 3-4 type. Curious if anybody has heard more about him.

Pretty big dude--> http://www.trojanwir...tthews bulk.jpg

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 21 January 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

I hink if he falls to the second, cleveland will scoop him up.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

3-4 olb...

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hes really more of a 3-4 pass rushing backer.... Pete Carroll used him in SC's elephant defense (their 3-4 look) as a stand up pass rusher. While he did play some DE his senior year he really doesn't have the frame to do it at the next level and putting him at linebacker would be a major liability since he really doesn't have very good coverage skills. But hes an insane pass rusher and if our coaching staff thought he could bulk up and play DE i wouldn't be against it, its not going to happen though most draft experts have him sky rocketing and going anywhere from late first to mid second, which IMHO is way to high to draft someone who cant really make an immediate impact on the team......The linebacker from SC I believe we should take a look at is Kaluka Maiava....

Edited by C42[)14C C47, 21 January 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#5 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

If he is anything like his dad, he's worth taking.

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,564 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Bruce and Clay both played in the NFL for like 30 years each. If nothing else, the Matthews family has the ability to stay healthy.

I didn't think he could play DE, I just didn't get to see him play much so I was curious.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com