Photo
- - - - -

Is there anyone that still cares about this season?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#76 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

i forgot what we were talking about

"Cowboys are more competitive than the Panthers because ESPN hypes how good they are every preseason"

Hope that helps.

#77 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

"Cowboys are more competitive than the Panthers because ESPN hypes how good they are every preseason"

Hope that helps.

Posted Image

#78 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

they have their logo on the field too. thats worth at least 2 preseason wins

#79 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

the patriots have been great becuase of thier combo of coach and GM. Thier owner hasn't been making draft room decisions.

#80 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,074 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

yes, some of us choose to stick with the team through the bad times, because it makes the good times that much sweeter. guys like SMF complain to no end about the quality of the panthers' fanbase... and yet they are the ones that just give up on the team when the going gets rough.

#81 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

I have no expectations, so it isn't painful to watch anymore..

the one positive is our young team is getting a lot of experience..

#82 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hope that helps.

Cowboys have a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense, just have bad coaching. Go check it out, or does ESPN make that up too? Their owner actually apologized for it. Where has our owner been? I haven't heard him say anything, or act like he cares. He just sits in box seats looking like a corpse from AMC's new TV show "The Walking Dead" (great by the way).

Yeah they have playoff woes, but they also have had winning seasons back to back. We haven't. They make their team better, or try too, and I'm sure they're going to get rid of their lame duck coach as we probably will (8 years later though).

Cowboys stadium is actually a fun atmosphere, instead of 3 hours of nothing but Harris Teeter advertising and bad stadium music. I'm real excited to buy tickets, go watch an inferior product, and then wave my Vic card. Right?

Hate the Cowboys all you want, but their owner is much better. So is the Steelers and Patriots, and other teams. JR can say he models the Steelers, but we don't do close to the number of things that Steelers do right.

Look, if JR actually comes to the next season that happens, and starts fixing this team, putting money out where it's needed, then good, but we'll have to see. I think we got lucky with our super bowl run, had a team with some good heart and talent. He then got a taste of that nice money, and then got a lot more fans, and has been putting out mediocrity over and over, starting with coaches. This is just a very complacent city.

But hey, keep being a homer fanbase that doesn't expect anything or demand anything out of your owner/team. After all, you're only putting in your hard earned money for tickets and merchandise, who cares right?

I'll always be a Panthers fan, winning or not. Does that mean I'm not going to criticize, and just be a blind homer? No. Does it mean I'm not going to point out when the owner don't give a crap? No. I hope JR proves me wrong, but right now he looks like a lame duck owner.

#83 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

I just record it now and fast forward through the shitty parts.
Which, sadly, is most of it.

#84 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Max, if you're going to quote me, then lump me in with the "homers", just find a quote of mine where I made a "homer" statement. Because I haven't. Because that's not the point I was making. To use your own words:

Actually the point goes way over your small mind.

I never said the Panthers were doing the right thing. I just said that because ESPN and others hype Dallas as being competitive in the upcoming year, you want us all to believe that.

I just said I'm not going to believe it because their 1 playoff win in the last 15 years tells me different. Sorry that it gets you so upset. Maybe you should go watch some more ESPN. I'm sure they will run another segment on the Cowboys that tells us all how they still have a change to win the Superbowl this year. That should relieve some of that tension.

#85 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

Max, if you're going to quote me, then lump me in with the "homers", just find a quote of mine where I made a "homer" statement. Because I haven't. Because that's not the point I was making. To use your own words:

I never said the Panthers were doing the right thing. I just said that because ESPN and others hype Dallas as being competitive in the upcoming year, you want us all to believe that.

I just said I'm not going to believe it because their 1 playoff win in the last 15 years tells me different. Sorry that it gets you so upset. Maybe you should go watch some more ESPN. I'm sure they will run another segment on the Cowboys that tells us all how they still have a change to win the Superbowl this year. That should relieve some of that tension.

You still just don't get it, I'm sorry. It has nothing to do with hype or ESPN. I'm pointing out that their fan base is usually excited because their team improved in the off season, and at least is trying to move forward. This team, does not do that, with a few exceptions when we tried out some FA's (Lucas, Wahle, comes to mind, and yeah, I know didn't work well, but they tried). Their owner takes blame when it's do, he let's fans know what he thinks, he cares. I don't even know if JR is a human or a robot, honestly.

I couldn't care less about the Cowboys, you can plug any of those teams in that are ran well, Patriots, Steelers, etc.

One thing for sure, when the next season actually happens, next year or the next, JR needs to get out there and do something. The fans deserve better.

#86 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, I still care about the season. I think it'll be fun watching the young players progress each week like Lafell and Gettis have.

#87 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, I still care about the season. I think it'll be fun watching the young players progress each week like Lafell and Gettis have.

If we pass to them. They have a monster game and then we're back to Moore forcing it to Smith.

If we tried new players, new plays, etc, it wouldn't be as bad. If we designed the game for a rookie, like other teams have been doing, then Clausen could get quality time in there. But we stick with the same stuff.

#88 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

If we pass to them. They have a monster game and then we're back to Moore forcing it to Smith.

If we tried new players, new plays, etc, it wouldn't be as bad. If we designed the game for a rookie, like other teams have been doing, then Clausen could get quality time in there. But we stick with the same stuff.

Yeah I agree. It's quite frustrating. Like those two trick plays that Davidson busted out in the spirit of Halloween... Jesus Christ those were awful. But It's good to see Lafell actually catching the ball and he's shown he has some ability to run after the catch quite well. That TD he had today was real nice, even if it was garbage time.

#89 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

I get it Max. Because I quoted your posts. That's where I "got" it. But if you want to deny it now, after I quoted you, then maybe we both need to think about who should really be in the nursing home.

Seems to me that you still don't get it, even after I quoted your own post. Sorry, but I just can't continue a civilized conversation with someone whose mind thinks in such a abnormal way.

Good luck with that mindset.

#90 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

I love the notion that a guy who spent more money getting a team than some of us will make in our lifetimes, a guy who fired his own sons rather than let their conflict affect the team, a guy who his peers consider a leader and a man among men but also a man who always has tried - and still does try - to stay in touch with common fans...that guy, he one day just woke up and said 'aaahh, screw it' :nonod:

(Yeah...right) :rolleyes:

There may at times be a difference between caring and sound judgement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com