Photo
- - - - -

Peppers to Cleveland?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

By the way, everyone knows that Derek Anderson sucks right? I doubt he would make our roster.

#32 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Trade for Anderson and the #5 pick, then draft Micheal Crabtree.....that would equal the most unstoppable offense in the NFL.

Jake is quite capable of stopping our offense all by himself.(but i would love that pick)

#33 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Fixed.

Get a little more experience reading the damn article like everyone else did. Seems most everyone else knew the deal.

You do realize a 5th rounder and the 5th overall pick are two different stories. Plus Peppers will have some say in this. We already know it is not about the money considering John Fox did offer a huge offer, that would make him the highest Defensive End in the league. Also Peppers said he wants to move on so he can reach his full potential. So he will not go to a bad or mediocre team if he wants to reach is full potential.

I believe Peppers will be looking at these teams:

Pittsburgh
San Diego
Baltimore
Miami
New England
San Diego
New York Jets- He may want to join Jenkins
Denver
Greenbay

But go ahead and scratch Cleveland off that list. They are not in the running.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

Also if somehow Peppers does end up in Cleveland for Derek Anderson it will be Jeff Davidson's and Rip Sherer's doings.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Trade for Anderson and the #5 pick, then draft Micheal Crabtree.....that would equal the most unstoppable offense in the NFL.

no way should we get a WR in the draft....especially with the #5. that would be a MONUMENTALLY bad idea. anyway, crabtree won't last that long.

DEFENSE!

#36 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Okay, are you people just HUGE Pep homers, or do you think the Browns are stupid? There's no way they give up the #5 overall pick AND a player for Peppers. That high of a pick would more than likely be the only thing being traded (maybe a 4th or 5th round if anything else was involved). But the #5 overall and Anderson (or Winslow Jr. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa)? You're dreaming.

#37 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

By the way, everyone knows that Derek Anderson sucks right? I doubt he would make our roster.

He looks like he might have been a one year wonder. You never know though, he might just need a better supporting cast.

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Fowler is a strange little man

#39 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Okay, are you people just HUGE Pep homers, or do you think the Browns are stupid? There's no way they give up the #5 overall pick AND a player for Peppers. That high of a pick would more than likely be the only thing being traded (maybe a 4th or 5th round if anything else was involved). But the #5 overall and Anderson (or Winslow Jr. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa)? You're dreaming.

What better way to get rid of a QB, his salary, and the QB controversy.

#40 garnetandblack2012

garnetandblack2012

BUMPmaster

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Ok, not too experienced with the posting yet but I just wanted to see what you guys would think about this.

Peppers and Lucas to San Diego. If Peppers does in fact want to go to a 3-4 defense then he would fit perfectly here with Phillips on his other side to complement him.

In return for Pep and Lucas we get Cromartie and a 1st and maybe 3rd or 4th round pick. Maybe i'm asking too much for Peppers but I believe he's the best DE out there, especially since he is now in his prime.

What do you guys think?

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Ok, not too experienced with the posting yet but I just wanted to see what you guys would think about this.

Peppers and Lucas to San Diego. If Peppers does in fact want to go to a 3-4 defense then he would fit perfectly here with Phillips on his other side to complement him.

In return for Pep and Lucas we get Cromartie and a 1st and maybe 3rd or 4th round pick. Maybe i'm asking too much for Peppers but I believe he's the best DE out there, especially since he is now in his prime.

What do you guys think?

Not happening.

#42 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

if pep doesn't like the attention he receives in charlotte, what makes you think he'll like green bay? if he wants to have his own life away from football, why would he go to a town with fewer people and a more rabid fanbase? that man could never leave his house without someone recognizing him in green bay.

#43 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

if pep doesn't like the attention he receives in charlotte, what makes you think he'll like green bay? if he wants to have his own life away from football, why would he go to a town with fewer people and a more rabid fanbase? that man could never leave his house without someone recognizing him in green bay.

You do realize half of that is untrue. Peppers will make up poo just to get out of Carolina. The only way he won't get hamperd by fans if he goes and play's in Europe because them folks are racist.

#44 Kingpatecu

Kingpatecu

I Bleed BlacknBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

that would be great if we sent his ass to Cleveland. If we could get their 1st rnd and maybe a 4th I think it would be great for us. Get a top talent possibly Stafford and add depth with the rest of the picks.

#45 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

personally, i hope we could ship him to gb. they send us their 1st rounder + brian brohm and we send them peppers + late pick/filler. we scoop up de okapko (sp.) from texas with the draft pick and have a future qb to groom and push jake. i would think capers would love to have peppers on board with his new 3-4 system and we get younger at two very important positions.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com