Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jarrett--Hackett--Robinson--Draft Pick--FA

33 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Smitty

2-5. Save money, it doesn't matter. Jake doesn't know they are on the roster anyways.

Fixed.

:P

Posted

There are adult diapers for that sort of thing.

:rofl:

Posted

we need a big body and tall wr..someone like fiz

Posted

T.J. is better than Moose, Jarrett, Carter and Robinson. When we lose Pep, cut Lucas, and cut Jones (Ryne is the KR to be) we'll have room to sign him and a FA D star. Yes, he's old...so sign him for just two years. Then use the draft for defensive picks. Smith + Housh + Double Trouble = DAMN SCARY.
i didn't say housh wasn't good. he is incredible. he would be used a good bit if he were here but we don't need him. we don't need him as much as we do a lot of other things.

yes, the passing game would be scary good with housh here. it would be good just like it is/was in cincy. look where it got them, though. we need more than draft picks to get the defense solid. the cash it would take to sign housh would prevent us from building the D.

i would much rather spend that money on a DE, DT, or CB.

Posted

Marty Booker is terrible, TJ doesn't need to come here.

We have capable receivers, our problem is the QB, he isn't the type that spreads it around.

Jarrett Robinson and Carter can fill those positions by committee if need be but I think they can all hold their own.

Receiver is not really an issue as of now.

Posted

1. Smitty

2. Moose

3-5. Save money, it doesn't matter. Jake doesn't know they are on the roster anyways.

amen...he's locked in on smitty at all times

Posted

1. Smitty

2. Moose

3-5. Save money, it doesn't matter. Jake doesn't know they are on the roster anyways.

this

Posted

Marty Booker is terrible, TJ doesn't need to come here.

We have capable receivers, our problem is the QB, he isn't the type that spreads it around.

Jarrett Robinson and Carter can fill those positions by committee if need be but I think they can all hold their own.

Receiver is not really an issue as of now.

I agree. They don't really need to add any WRs this year. Robinson and Jarrett are both young guys with a lot of potential. The only issue is getting Jake to throw it to them. Unfortunately, at this point in his career I don't think we can expect much change in his play.

Posted

Y'all are f*cking delusional if you like Ryne Robinson over Mark Jones.

You have a PROVEN commodity in Jones. The best we've had in years. ANd you think we should ditch that for someone with "Potential"?

You must be the same ones who thought Colbert and Carter should have kept getting 2nd chances...

Mark Jones will be on the team, regardless if Robinson is or not. (Robinson may stay on the team, but that doesn't mean Jones is gone)

There is NO way they get rid of him.

--------------

1. Smitty

2. Moose

3. Jarrett

4. Robinson/Hackett (Hackett is cheap. Robinson has only played 1 year. I wouldn't be surprised with the outcome here, whichever way that goes.)

5/6. (and guaranteed to stay) Mark Jones.

Posted

Jones is simply decent. Nothing more, nothing less. The knock on him is that he is slow. How many times did he run one back? Exactly. Robinson has had one year to really show what he could do and came on in the later stages of that year. He is faster than Jones. Sorry, I'd rather take a chance on a guy who can beat the damn kicker.

Posted

Steve

Moose

D.Jarrett

R.Robinson

M.Jones

preseason should be fun to watch

Posted

It's been said before but demands repeating.....

Jarrett is talented enough to fill any WR needs we currently have but it doesn't matter b/c we don't use 3 WR sets enough and even when we do Jake just locks onto the first target the play calls for, which is rarely Jarrett