Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Holiday

3 busts in 2 years of the draft that will hurt a while

42 posts in this topic

Im going to the Lounge.

takes at least 3 yrs to know if those guys will be busts or not. None of those guy have even played 16 games or been in the league 2 seasons yet.

I think there is a lot wrong with the coaching of this team right now. I think if we can find a new head coach with some skill we will see some improvement in our rookies.

The biggest thing that is bugging me right now is the moves we've made in the draft these past 2 years, 2 picks I considered straight up bone head 1 has a potential to hurt, but the first two look to be devistating.

1, traded this years first for Everett Brown in the 2nd, straight up bust this is by far our worst pick in the fox and hurney era, with that said this is no knock on brown he's done everything we've asked, problem is he's just not big enough for DE in a 4-3 scheme.

2, Edwards this one keeps getting worse with the worse the panthers play, you think Edwards is worth the 34th pick in the 2011 draft because right now that looks to be where we will be picking. Bust with insult to injury.

3, this one remains to be seen but Jimmy Clausen can't even handle a snap right now, seriously WTF? If he can't handle a snap Edwards is looking like a better option at QB then him.

And lastly I typed this from a iPod in the middle of nowhere in Australia so excuse the bad grammar and what not.

Honestly, no one's ever considered a "bust" until they are in the NFL for 3-4 years. QBs hardly ever play spectacular until their 2nd or 3rd year (Manning wasn't that great during his rookie season)...for the last time, Edwards was drafted as a "project".

Can't label a guy a bust until his 4th year, so this thread is pointless.

Its too early to call Brown and Edwards bust..

but giving up a 2nd round pick for Armanti edwards..could go down as a terrible move.

Honestly, no one's ever considered a "bust" until they are in the NFL for 3-4 years. QBs hardly ever play spectacular until their 2nd or 3rd year (Manning wasn't that great during his rookie season)...for the last time, Edwards was drafted as a "project".

Manning was a beast his rookie season.

I have forgotten about E. brown. Had so much promise last year and he is not even in the top 10 in tackles and has no sacks.

Even if they do end up being busts(as said before, you can't label them that for a few seasons), it doesn't really hurt us long term.

If Clausen/Edwards/Brown were top draft picks that cost a lot of money guaranteed, then sure you could say it really hurt the team, but they were all 2nd round picks with cheap contracts.

They've for sure made some mistakes recently, but it's nothing one good off season/draft can't fix.

1 person likes this

The Rams, Chiefs, and Lions are all slowly getting better due to all their years getting top draft picks. Some took time to develope, some were good right away. That said, we should NOT trade down this year. We're an average team. Adding a first round talent could work out great for us. You know who trades down? Great teams.

As for us...Brown is indeed a bust. Time will not improve anything for him. He is too small and is not a Colt. Armanti gets at least 2011 to show us something. J-Stew was good day one and was worth the pick. Otah has the talent and did day one...but looks like a constant injury. Clausen is too soon to tell. You learn NOTHING by sitting on a bench.

Armanti would be the best QB on this team, but Fox refuses to try it. He's looked solid at the position in extremely limited opportunities.

You learn NOTHING by sitting on a bench.

Incorrect