Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 busts in 2 years of the draft that will hurt a while

42 posts in this topic

Posted

To be fair, Brown did get a nice 3rd down hurry that forced the QB to throw the ball into the ground (was about 1/2 a second from being a sack) and got our defense off the field, so he did about as much as anybody else, including Greg Hardy, on defense yesterday.

Anyway, Catman is right, you can't really judge any of these picks yet, and everybody should have known at AE was a project from the beginning, so we my not know about him for 2 more years. The draft is always about the future, and if you do find a guy who can start right away and be really solid, that's just gravy.

Posted

The Rams, Chiefs, and Lions are all slowly getting better due to all their years getting top draft picks. Some took time to develope, some were good right away. That said, we should NOT trade down this year. We're an average team. Adding a first round talent could work out great for us. You know who trades down? Great teams.

As for us...Brown is indeed a bust. Time will not improve anything for him. He is too small and is not a Colt. Armanti gets at least 2011 to show us something. J-Stew was good day one and was worth the pick. Otah has the talent and did day one...but looks like a constant injury. Clausen is too soon to tell. You learn NOTHING by sitting on a bench.

I think those teams are getting better from drafting better overall.not just the top picks..because most of those top picks from the last coaches are gone.

If we are picking #2 overall I would trade down.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like others have said, you win some you lose some. Lets look back in another year or two and decide if they were busts.

We have had some guys not contribute but we had some guys in the 6th round who are over acheiving. Seems to me it balances itself out.

Posted

James Anderson looked like a bust for a couple of years, but he's making more plays than Beason right now.

Posted

How would our undersized DEs like Everette Brown and Hilee Taylor fare as 3-4 OLBs? It was mentioned that Brown is too small for a 4-3 DE, but he looks like a perfect 3-4 OLB. Same goes for Hilee. Too small for a 4-3, but no denying the kid has a knack for getting to the QB.

Posted

Funny you should mention Stewart because he too was not worth what we gave up for him IMO. Otah as well if he keeps this injury business up.

As far as Capt, Hayden, and Godfrey they are sketchy at best (Martin I do like however). Goodson its too early to tell. Its not like we have the Colts FO there good not great.

Stew is a beast. Do not blame his lack of production on anyone other than the OLine.

Williams looks like poo behind this OLine as well.

The Big Uglies should be required to turn in their Man Cards this season...they are playing like a powderpuff team.

Posted

Honestly, no one's ever considered a "bust" until they are in the NFL for 3-4 years. QBs hardly ever play spectacular until their 2nd or 3rd year (Manning wasn't that great during his rookie season)...for the last time, Edwards was drafted as a "project".

I'm not asking him to play spectacular, I just want him to take a fuging snap without fumbling it.

Posted

James Anderson looked like a bust for a couple of years, but he's making more plays than Beason right now.

Beason is playing out of position for reasons god only knows why, don't confuse who is better because it's not close.

Posted

How would our undersized DEs like Everette Brown and Hilee Taylor fare as 3-4 OLBs? It was mentioned that Brown is too small for a 4-3 DE, but he looks like a perfect 3-4 OLB. Same goes for Hilee. Too small for a 4-3, but no denying the kid has a knack for getting to the QB.

That's what I was thinking brown may IMO isnt a bad player, he's just in the wrong system.

Posted

Beason is playing out of position for reasons god only knows why, don't confuse who is better because it's not close.

Anderson has been pretty darn good at both outside LBer position in the last two years or so. Don't sell him short, because he is a pretty darn good player right now, regardless of what Beason is doing or has done.

Posted

Anderson, Davis, Godfrey, D. Williams, Johnson. All of these guys took a few seasons before they broke out. Give the kids a f*cking chance. We have All-Pros on our team that look like ass this season, so you sure as hell can't judge the careers of 1st and 2nd year guys based on this mockery of a football season.

1 person likes this

Posted

brown is trash

edwards isnt good enough to play in the nfl at best a PR

Clausen is 2 years from doing anything for us