Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am putting my thing down....

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Yup, a team takes on the personality of it's coach and this team has the personality of a coach that's going to move on once he's finished up the last year of his contract.

Posted

The answer is simply that no one cared about this season from the start, starting with ownership. Thats it, thats all.

I think plenty of good conversation can be made on who is the better player and such, but assuming any roster change would have made a lick of difference is laughable.

I don't think they "do not care". But I do think that no one expected things to go the way they did.

You are right about one thing... it really doesn't have anything to do with who is the better player. It has everything to do with who is a good leader, which on offense at least, there really isn't one.

Posted

It's no surprise that the rookies have fallen one of two ways.

Some such as Hardy & Gettis have been driven and worked hard because they had something to prove. Young guys typicall keep trying no matter what, some also realise the opportunity staring them in the face, especially as late picks.

The project guys though are destined to fail in this environment. Edwards, LaFell, Clausen etc are crying out for someone to get them into a vet state of mind and how to progress as a pro.

If it was as bad as you say, then this youth movement will be pointless as we (The FO) are setting them up to fail. Even the very best rookie needs mentoring to some degree, hard work and determination can only go so far...

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been calling this since last March. Looked at it from as many angles as I could think of. And I've maintained that it is the young players who will take the biggest hit from this, suffer the most, it is almost a lost year for them.

I think it is a sad state when people are willing to sacrifice a year of somebody else's career for money.

IMO a team more so takes on the personality of its owner. This one has.

Posted

Kinda feel sad for any player on this team who has to waste a year of their short career on this 2010 team.

Posted

zod, that's the first time i've heard that here. now i can sleep at night.

Posted

Now Explain the Cowboys and Vikings.

Posted

Kinda feel sad for any player on this team who has to waste a year of their short career on this 2010 team.

fug that.

Say what you will about the FO shutting it down for the year in June but any player who takes the field on Sunday wearing an NFL uniform and half-asses has no one to blame for their loss.

All you have to do is look to the Bills to find a team that sucks but plays hard every down. If our guys were doing that and still losing, then I could feel sorry for them.

Posted

f**k that.

Say what you will about the FO shutting it down for the year in June but any player who takes the field on Sunday wearing an NFL uniform and half-asses has no one to blame for their loss.

All you have to do is look to the Bills to find a team that sucks but plays hard every down. If our guys were doing that and still losing, then I could feel sorry for them.

Good point. But I was thinking more of Smitty than anyone else, although he did suck ass yesterday.

Posted

I think the team just sucks and that is why they are losing.

Posted

lol the best thing about preparing for the lockout is that the owners bit off way more than they could chew, and demaurice smith has been leading the players expertly.

i think there were some idiots on here ranting about smith, but the fact of the matter is he's a very experienced DC attorney and him handling the decertification process has effectively killed all the owner's momentum because they'd be sued into the stratosphere.

Posted

The answer is simply that no one cared about this season from the start, starting with ownership. Thats it, thats all.

I think plenty of good conversation can be made on who is the better player and such, but assuming any roster change would have made a lick of difference is laughable.

Coaching and management has been needed to be blown out going on two years now. When are we going to do it, lockout or no that's where it starts. Everyone else will follow the new regime or get the hell off the bus.

1 person likes this