#16 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

I've been calling this since last March. Looked at it from as many angles as I could think of. And I've maintained that it is the young players who will take the biggest hit from this, suffer the most, it is almost a lost year for them.

I think it is a sad state when people are willing to sacrifice a year of somebody else's career for money.

IMO a team more so takes on the personality of its owner. This one has.

#17 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

Kinda feel sad for any player on this team who has to waste a year of their short career on this 2010 team.

#18 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

zod, that's the first time i've heard that here. now i can sleep at night.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

Now Explain the Cowboys and Vikings.

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

Kinda feel sad for any player on this team who has to waste a year of their short career on this 2010 team.

fug that.

Say what you will about the FO shutting it down for the year in June but any player who takes the field on Sunday wearing an NFL uniform and half-asses has no one to blame for their loss.

All you have to do is look to the Bills to find a team that sucks but plays hard every down. If our guys were doing that and still losing, then I could feel sorry for them.

#21 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

f**k that.

Say what you will about the FO shutting it down for the year in June but any player who takes the field on Sunday wearing an NFL uniform and half-asses has no one to blame for their loss.

All you have to do is look to the Bills to find a team that sucks but plays hard every down. If our guys were doing that and still losing, then I could feel sorry for them.

Good point. But I was thinking more of Smitty than anyone else, although he did suck ass yesterday.

#22 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:26 AM

I think the team just sucks and that is why they are losing.

#23 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

lol the best thing about preparing for the lockout is that the owners bit off way more than they could chew, and demaurice smith has been leading the players expertly.

i think there were some idiots on here ranting about smith, but the fact of the matter is he's a very experienced DC attorney and him handling the decertification process has effectively killed all the owner's momentum because they'd be sued into the stratosphere.

#24 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

The answer is simply that no one cared about this season from the start, starting with ownership. Thats it, thats all.

I think plenty of good conversation can be made on who is the better player and such, but assuming any roster change would have made a lick of difference is laughable.

Coaching and management has been needed to be blown out going on two years now. When are we going to do it, lockout or no that's where it starts. Everyone else will follow the new regime or get the hell off the bus.

#25 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

100% on the money! The mediocre, it is what it is, mindset has permeated it's way to front office to the football field, and it's coming full circle if the players don't care, thus tainting the product that Richardson sells. What's the saying, you reap what you sow? I hope that a new coaching staff is enough to change the culture.

BTW - Zod, you really should put your thing down, you can go blind doing that.

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

I agree with what Zod is saying, and he has been saying that since camp.

My question is this though, knowing this Zod, do you think the QB for the long-term is already on the roster? Taking into account what you've said and what we already have seen, is it fair to evaluate the QBs performance so far with overall dismal performance of those around them and horrible coaching?

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

I don't think its possible to say. Both Moore and Clausen could be pro bowlers, or both could be busts. I don't think any worth while evaluation can be done this season.

#28 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Too many ppl are agreeing. Makes me sad :(

#29 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

I agree the problem isn't talent, it definitely resides in our confidence and motivation right now.

#30 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

I didn't have to wait until training camp. I saw the writing on the wall in the spirng and told everyone what would happen. After hundreds of posts and folks deciding I didn't have a clue and was a grumpy old man, we now know the truth.

I may be a grumpy old man but I had good reason to be. Lots of folks on the bandwagon now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.