Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Lost!!!!!

692 posts in this topic

somebody splain something to me...when they were in the sub Jack said that nothing will happen to the bomb, don't touch it, because Locke cant kill them. He said that if they messed with the bomb then they would be killing themselves and then Locke could leave the island, since they all died together at the same time....soo.....when Locke went to the plane and found the bomb wired to the electrical system, why didn't he just let all of them get on the plane and fire it up and kaboomy?!! They are all dead and now Locke/Dark guy can leave the island. Obviously they didn't do that so the show could go on but seemed like an obvious hole in the story that usually arent' there in this show.

B/c if he put them on the plane (knowing it had a bomb that would go of w/ the ignition) it would be viewed as him killing them. It wouldn't have worked . The sub being underwater + time bomb presented an opportunity for the castaways to act and have a direct hand in there own killing. He as to create opportunities for the castaways to take each other(themselves out)....the plane didn't present that.

B/c if he put them on the plane (knowing it had a bomb that would go of w/ the ignition) it would be viewed as him killing them. It wouldn't have worked . The sub being underwater + time bomb presented an opportunity for the castaways to act and have a direct hand in there own killing. He as to create opportunities for the castaways to take each other(themselves out)....the plane didn't present that.

I don't think "knowing" is enough. He "knew" they were going to mess with the bomb that he gave them, and that still killed some of them. To me that was more of him acting as a killer than just letting a bomb planted by someone else stay on the plane. Personally I think it's just a plot thing. The producers still need the plane for something.

To me it's kind of like, why do they keep sending the mortal characters to take over stuff and risk getting shot? Why doesn't Smokey just take all the enemies out and then deal with whatever he needs to. It's just a way for the producers to get the outcome they want I think.

I don't think "knowing" is enough. He "knew" they were going to mess with the bomb that he gave them, and that still killed some of them. To me that was more of him acting as a killer than just letting a bomb planted by someone else stay on the plane. Personally I think it's just a plot thing. The producers still need the plane for something.

To me it's kind of like, why do they keep sending the mortal characters to take over stuff and risk getting shot? Why doesn't Smokey just take all the enemies out and then deal with whatever he needs to. It's just a way for the producers to get the outcome they want I think.

but if the castaways got on the sub and did nothing (like Jack said)....they are fine and sail away. If they got on the plane and started it up, nothing would have happened to them.

If Smokey does kill everyone....then that also limits the means for those on the list to die? He can't touch them. For example, if it is just Smokey and Jack left.....Smokey would have his hands tied. Just like he always had his hands tied with Jacob and had to find a loophole

but if the castaways got on the sub and did nothing (like Jack said)....they are fine and sail away. If they got on the plane and started it up, nothing would have happened to them.

If Smokey does kill everyone....then that also limits the means for those on the list to die? He can't touch them. For example, if it is just Smokey and Jack left.....Smokey would have his hands tied. Just like he always had his hands tied with Jacob and had to find a loophole

I feel you. But what I'm saying is Smokey never planted the bomb on the plane. Widmore's men did, so it would be Widmore killing them, not Smokey. Just because Smokey knows it's going to happen, doesn't mean he did the killing.

And I wasn't really talking about killing Sawyer, Kate, Sun, Jin, and all them...I was talking about all those people who were shooting. Why did smokey just stand there and shoot back for a long period of time when he could have just transformed and taken them out...yet another way of garnering their trust before he kills them.

I feel you. But what I'm saying is Smokey never planted the bomb on the plane. Widmore's men did, so it would be Widmore killing them, not Smokey. Just because Smokey knows it's going to happen, doesn't mean he did the killing.

And I wasn't really talking about killing Sawyer, Kate, Sun, Jin, and all them...I was talking about all those people who were shooting. Why did smokey just stand there and shoot back for a long period of time when he could have just transformed and taken them out...yet another way of garnering their trust before he kills them.

well, he wanted to get left behind and not be on the sub. He was just shooting back (bullets don't hurt him) to give the castaways the thought they were leaving him. He never wanted on the sub but wanted to give the illusion he wanted on.

1 person likes this

well, he wanted to get left behind and not be on the sub. He was just shooting back (bullets don't hurt him) to give the castaways the thought they were leaving him. He never wanted on the sub but wanted to give the illusion he wanted on.

Ah yea. You're right. It's a good way to take up time and still act like he is trying to get on the sub.

Ah yea. You're right. It's a good way to take up time and still act like he is trying to get on the sub.

i think next week will either be one of the best ever or completely horrible. Looks to give a lot fo insight on the Jacob/MIB.

i think next week will either be one of the best ever or completely horrible. Looks to give a lot fo insight on the Jacob/MIB.

Yea, it is definitely going to be important to the whole plot of the show...which puts a lot of pressure on it. Like you said, it could either be really good, or a huge flop.

Great episode, but it brings up more and more annoying questions about Locke in the alt reality. Sawyer is still looking for Locke's dad, so we can assume he was/is still a conman, but now Locke thinks highly of him(maybe he was in the process of conning him and the plane crash prevented it?). So if Cooper never conned Locke then how did Locke meet Helen(remember they met at an anger management group after Locke lost his kidney)?

Great episode, but it brings up more and more annoying questions about Locke in the alt reality. Sawyer is still looking for Locke's dad, so we can assume he was/is still a conman, but now Locke thinks highly of him(maybe he was in the process of conning him and the plane crash prevented it?). So if Cooper never conned Locke then how did Locke meet Helen(remember they met at an anger management group after Locke lost his kidney)?

It's one of those things that had to happen. Like the fact that Locke needed to be put in a wheelchair, but it happened a different way because he was close with his father, not confronting him. And he may have still met her at the anger management group because he was angry at himself for doing that to his father.