Photo
- - - - -

Lost!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
690 replies to this topic

#616 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

I'd watch at least through Season 4. I didn't really like 5 and 6, but some will argue that 5 would be worth watching. And at that point you might as well do like the rest of us did and trudge through 6.

#617 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

okilie dokilie

#618 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

im about to start watching season 3...should I stop?

No, season 3 is still good.

I would watch that season and about 1/2 of season 4, then pretend the show got canceled.

Personally, I am starting to think that the writers spent too much time writing the spoof endings for Kimmel and forgot to write the ending for the actual show. By the time they realized what they had done, all of the sets were torn down except for the church so they just improvised and this was the best they could do.

#619 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

The way they wrapped everything up with the characters was awesome. The way they wrapped up the show was horrible. I guess they figured they couldn't explain all the mysteries so they decided to explain nothing. I agree with Zcustom - the real appeal of the show was the island and the mysteries, and they just dropped the ball with all of it. With the way they ended things they at least had the perfect opportunity to explain Walt.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I liked the characters pretty good but I watched Lost for the plot and the mystery. I didn't watch Lost for the characters.

#620 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

Glad to hear others feel the same way.

They could have spent an entire season explaining the electromagnetism and the source of the light and it would have easily been the best season.

If I wanted drama and human connection I'd watch Grey' Anatomy.

#621 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,561 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

Story was the ending was written soon as the pilot was picked up.
So everything in between was "filler".

Christian Shepard what a pun...

#622 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

There's been too much stalling and change of direction for me to believe that. I'll buy the "Jack's eye was closing" scene was planned, but seriously..

#623 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

That's exactly how I feel about it. I liked the characters pretty good but I watched Lost for the plot and the mystery. I didn't watch Lost for the characters.

Exactly. The appeal has always been the mystery. It's ridiculous to think they could explain every little thing in detail, and even if they had, the show's legacy would lose a bit of its luster.

I think the ending was perfect. It was emotionally satisfying, and we're still left with questions about LOST. Anyone who didn't see that coming must not have been watching the same show I have for the last six years.

#624 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

I'll be honest. I watched at least the first two seasons just to see Kate. I quit watching when they started splitting up and doing time travel. Which now makes no sense considering the ending, so I guess my instincts were correct.

#625 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

Exactly. The appeal has always been the mystery. It's ridiculous to think they could explain every little thing in detail, and even if they had, the show's legacy would lose a bit of its luster.

I think the ending was perfect. It was emotionally satisfying, and we're still left with questions about LOST. Anyone who didn't see that coming must not have been watching the same show I have for the last six years.

I saw it coming only because they raised so many questions i couldn't even keep up with them all.

"if we emotionally manipulate them in the final episode then maybe they will fail to realize this show made no sense and we were just making up bs the whole time" -Lost writer

#626 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

I didn't want every single detail explained. I knew that wouldn't happen. I wanted some kind of closure for the island's story line or something. Just anything. Instead it's all about Jack.

And I don't know about you guys, but the most annoying parts of the show were the Super Jack scenes. You guys know what I'm talking about.

#627 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

JJ Abrams "Hey guys I'm gonna go work on Fringe, cya."

/cue scramble to make up a bunch of bs for the next three seasons.

#628 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

Kinda like with Alias

Atleast Lost didn't end with Zombies :)

btw you should watch the first 3 seasons of Alias.

#629 c0r

c0r

First 9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

i think LOST was about the characters from day one. everyday people (with their backgrounds and futures shown) in a plane crash landing on a crazy island.

#630 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

i think LOST was about the characters from day one. everyday people (with their backgrounds and futures shown) in a plane crash landing on a crazy island.

agreed they always said it's a character driven show.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com