• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

Sad to see the rules being disregarded for individuals. Must be a reason to it, and hopefully its not money and power related.

Still, happy to see Obama address an issue that has not been addressed in Washington by a president....ever.

#47 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

Sad to see the rules being disregarded for individuals. Must be a reason to it, and hopefully its not money and power related.

Still, happy to see Obama address an issue that has not been addressed in Washington by a president....ever.

This is so much fun ... to watch you make excuses and gloss over things for your president .... man, you really are a worshipper of the first order.

#48 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

This is so much fun ... to watch you make excuses and gloss over things for your president .... man, you really are a worshipper of the first order.

You expect me to be up in arms over a deputy appointment? I would have to be a real partisan hack on the right to be anything but disappointed.

#49 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

You expect me to be up in arms over a deputy appointment? I would have to be a real partisan hack on the right to be anything but disappointed.

It's not about the deputy appointment ....

#50 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Slip sliding away.......slip sliding awaaaaay
You know the nearer his destination, more he's slip sliding awaaay

#51 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

What I find funny is how you are blasting someone for breaking his own rule on lobbyist appointments, something that is disappointing I admit, while you TOTALLY glossed over the entire justice department being politicized completely.

Partisan hackery, they name is PL.

#52 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

What I find funny is how you are blasting someone for breaking his own rule on lobbyist appointments, something that is disappointing I admit, while you TOTALLY glossed over the entire justice department being politicized completely.

Partisan hackery, they name is PL.

Wow ... what a way to change the subject.

#53 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

Changing the subject? Hardly. You changed it when you accused me of

to watch you make excuses and gloss over things for your president

Which I have not, I have said it was dissapointing.

But considering the source, someone who completely ignored scandals of INFINITELY larger scales for 8 years, your comments are laughable and ironic.

Enjoy. :)

#54 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

sorry ... double post

#55 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

But considering the source, someone who completely ignored scandals of INFINITELY larger scales for 8 years, your comments are laughable and ironic.

You start a thread about Obama "laying down the law on lobbyists," we (other posters and I) show you how he almost immediately made an exception, and you make excuses for him ... saying you're "disappointed," but it's really OK .... and you change the subject to Bush. Typical of you, but guess what, he's not president anymore. Thought we were going to see change ... haven't seen much yet.

#56 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

I find it funny that these "SCANDALS" that most accuse him of never see the courtroom.....wait, when was the last time a President was impeached?

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

I find it funny that these "SCANDALS" that most accuse him of never see the courtroom.....

I don't doubt that

#58 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

I don't doubt that

That I find if funny?

or

That they are not really scandals?

#59 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

Actually not true. There were already rules governing lobbyists. Obama expanded them. Bush had pulled them back. But rules such as not allowing former lawmakers and administration people to become lobbyists for a certain period of time have been on the books before.

#60 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

Glad to see that Obama's really sticking to his guns ...

Here's a list of lobbyists joining his administration:

Eric Holder, attorney general nominee, was registered to lobby until 2004 on behalf of clients including Global Crossing, a bankrupt telecommunications firm.

Tom Vilsack, secretary of agriculture nominee, was registered to lobby as recently as last year on behalf of the National Education Association.

William Lynn, deputy defense secretary nominee, was registered to lobby as recently as last year for defense contractor Raytheon, where he was a top executive.

William Corr, deputy health and human services secretary nominee, was registered to lobby until last year for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, a non-profit that pushes to limit tobacco use.

David Hayes, deputy interior secretary nominee, was registered to lobby until 2006 for clients, including the regional utility San Diego Gas & Electric.

Mark Patterson, chief of staff to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, was registered to lobby as recently as last year for financial giant Goldman Sachs.

Ron Klain, chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden, was registered to lobby until 2005 for clients, including the Coalition for Asbestos Resolution, U.S. Airways, Airborne Express and drug-maker ImClone.

Mona Sutphen, deputy White House chief of staff, was registered to lobby for clients, including Angliss International in 2003.

Melody Barnes, domestic policy council director, lobbied in 2003 and 2004 for liberal advocacy groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the American Constitution Society and the Center for Reproductive Rights.

Cecilia Munoz, White House director of intergovernmental affairs, was a lobbyist as recently as last year for the National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic advocacy group.

Patrick Gaspard, White House political affairs director, was a lobbyist for the Service Employees International Union.

Michael Strautmanis, chief of staff to the president’s assistant for intergovernmental relations, lobbied for the American Association of Justice from 2001 until 2005.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.