• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

If Moss goes to the Titans then they are a superbowl contender IMO. Can you imagine the running lanes that Chris Johnson would have if teams actually had to respect their receivers??? They would have 3 homerun threats at each of the 3 major skill positions.

Young running to the house (best running QB in the league)
CJ running to the house (best RB in the league)
Moss catching and going to the house (best WR in the leauge)

I'd hate to be a safety playing against that combo

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

If Moss goes to the Titans then they are a superbowl contender IMO. Can you imagine the running lanes that Chris Johnson would have if teams actually had to respect their receivers??? They would have 3 homerun threats at each of the 3 major skill positions.

Young running to the house (best running QB in the league)
CJ running to the house (best RB in the league)
Moss catching and going to the house (best WR in the leauge)

I'd hate to be a safety playing against that combo

You can tell if it's a run or a pass on every play just by watching Moss' body language.

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Steve Smith doesn't work with Jerry Richardson. He works FOR Jerry Richardson. You think Jerry doesn't love his prize possession that his peers covet so?

Another good point, Smitty is coveted quite a bit more than the Raiders, Patriots or Vikings covet Moss.

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Another good point, Smitty is coveted quite a bit more than the Raiders, Patriots or Vikings covet Moss.

By you.

#20 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

By you.

By the Panthers apparently. :rolleyes:

#21 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

Supposedly stood up and humiliated a local small businessman who provided free catering to the team by saying "I wouldn't feed this to my dog!" Then his behavior in New England sealed the deal.

If this is true, props to the Vikings. I know it's cool to pile on Childress now, but I applaud his stance in this case.

When did Steve Smith do something like that?

#22 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

I really don't care about all the other "Moss Issues" BUT the fact he treated those people that way makes my blood boil!! Even if he thought it was crap at least act like a human and be respectful!!

I agree. Don't be an ass. Either say no thank you or take a bit and discretely toss it aside.

Some hole in the wall places have the best food. I read the article and felt bad for the people. If I were in the room, I'd have given him a piece of my mind.

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

I agree. Don't be an ass. Either say no thank you or take a bit and discretely toss it aside.

Some hole in the wall places have the best food. I read the article and felt bad for the people. If I were in the room, I'd have given him a piece of my mind.

Heard an interview with the caterer today, good stuff.
http://www.xxsportsr...&podcastID=2267

Select the
Gus Tinucci
interview.

#24 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

My feeling is this, he had ample opportunities to act this way before, something had to be a catalyst for him to act this way. My guess is that he was either just looking for a way out or someone rubbed him the wrong way going into the dinner. Not excusing his actions at all but simple human psychology says there is a lot more to this than it seems.

Also Childress should have lost his job years ago, he's already lost the team.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

When did Steve Smith do something like that?

Oh, about a gazillion times. To a caterer specifically? Maybe not.

#26 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

Moss is a great talent, but he really does need a good kicking.

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,467 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

Is that Cowherd in your av?

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,683 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

examples?

#29 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

Meat doesn't need examples. Since all of his posts are funny remarks and conjecture why should he?

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

examples?

* He once yelled at a kid at a school appearance because the kid was talking while he was.

* He once yelled at a training camp intern who was told to go ask him some questions for the next preseason game program. Smith told him that he already told the PR people he wouldn't do one of their programs again since they put someone else on the cover of the first one.

* He has this air horn that he keeps in his locker so that he can blow it at 2 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays (media days) to let the press know their hour is up. The locals hate him for it, since many of the players are only available for brief periods and many come in at five til 2. I once saw a reporter who had come across country just to interview one of our linemen wait patiently for 15 minutes for the local media to be done with the guy so he could do a one-on-one. He gets about two words out of his mouth before Smith starts blowing his air horn. He smiles, waits a second then tries again. Again Smith blows it. Waits again, tries again, but now Smith is watching the guy and blowing it every time the guy tries to speak.

I've heard much, much worse, but those are three that I witnessed first hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.