79 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,159 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

This might also have had something to do with it.

Moss told Vikings owner that Childress should be fired

After catching only one pass for 8 yards in the Vikings' 28-18 loss to the New England Patriots, Moss walked into the visitors' locker room where Wilf and other executives stood. According to an NFL source familiar with what transpired, Moss told the Vikings owner in no uncertain terms that Childress wasn't a good coach and should be fired.

I really hate diva type behavior, regardless of who it comes from.

#32 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

* He has this air horn that he keeps in his locker so that he can blow it at 2 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays (media days) to let the press know their hour is up. The locals hate him for it, since many of the players are only available for brief periods and many come in at five til 2. I once saw a reporter who had come across country just to interview one of our linemen wait patiently for 15 minutes for the local media to be done with the guy so he could do a one-on-one. He gets about two words out of his mouth before Smith starts blowing his air horn. He smiles, waits a second then tries again. Again Smith blows it. Waits again, tries again, but now Smith is watching the guy and blowing it every time the guy tries to speak.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#89 for MVP!

#33 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,580 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Wouldn't it be much easier for that reporter to get in contact with the player before hand and talk to him somewhere other than were he is getting dressed ?

Meat is hater

#34 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

I don't get it, where's the funny story??

#35 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,580 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Moral of story is Randy Moss hates poorly cooked hotdogs.

#36 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,968 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Can't blame the guy if the food taste like Dog food.

#37 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

I don't see the problem with any of this. Reporters get a certain time, Smith has every right to insist they leave after that time. Also I see nothing wrong with Moss complaining about food or suggesting the coach should be fired.

People complain about Moss, is he the only person in this world who is allowed to be criticized? If a guy can't cook and you're having to eat the crap he should complain. Also I never liked Childress as a coach and it's blatantly obvious that team is underachieving. They have way too much talent.

People are too used to denying the truth and pretending nothing is wrong. Moss is coming from a top organization and he's pointing it obvious flaws.

#38 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

I don't see the problem with any of this. Reporters get a certain time, Smith has every right to insist they leave after that time. Also I see nothing wrong with Moss complaining about food or suggesting the coach should be fired.

People complain about Moss, is he the only person in this world who is allowed to be criticized? If a guy can't cook and you're having to eat the crap he should complain. Also I never liked Childress as a coach and it's blatantly obvious that team is underachieving. They have way too much talent.

People are too used to denying the truth and pretending nothing is wrong. Moss is coming from a top organization and he's pointing it obvious flaws.

Smith has bullied people left and right for years and gotten away with it because he scores touchdowns. If he played for the Falcons you'd all hate his guts. The reporter was just doing his job. Just like the intern. Just like so many other people who have had to deal with Smith's mood swings. If those were the only three incidents in Smith's career, yeah, that's not much. But it's pretty much non stop from him and has been since his rookie year. Some other people on this board have talked about run ins and personal experiences they have had.

Moss is a malcontent. I heard Cris Carter talking about him on radio yesterday. Carter is probably Moss' biggest fan in the media, and even he said the catering thing was inexcusable. Especially at 33 years of age.

#39 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

Smitty came into a sports bar I was at and was an absolute dick to every person in there. He did not acknowledge a soul; didn't respond to any greetings. For a guy who's the "face of the franchise," he does a horrendous job of setting a good example.

#40 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

I love me some Smitty because of the way he performs on the field. I leave it to the Panthers to decide if he continues to be there. As long as he is, I'll enjoy the passion he brings on Sundays and his willingness to risk everything.

Damn, wish I was watching Smitty play right now.

#41 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Damn, wish I was watching Smitty play right now.

Smitty with these QBs or Smitty with Delhomme? :D

#42 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Wouldn't it be much easier for that reporter to get in contact with the player before hand and talk to him somewhere other than were he is getting dressed ?

Meat is hater

MOOOOHAHAHAHA!

#43 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Smitty with these QBs or Smitty with Delhomme? :D

OK, I admit. I actually missed mid 2000 Jake. :o

#44 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

OK, I admit. I actually missed mid 2000 Jake. :o

No shame in that

#45 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

____Taint Week_____

• HUDDLER
  • 17,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, the Cardiac Cats.....
These days you have to check the Panthers for a pulse on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com