Photo
- - - - -

The march of tyranny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

#2 RockECU

RockECU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

So true. Glad to see people are finally beginning to wake up.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

I have lived in and visited lands that are ruled by authoritarianand perhaps even tyrannical governments. Anyone who believes that the US is anywhere close to that is seriously deluded and perhaps in need of a visit to a mental institution. If this was a tyrannical government, most of you would have been hauled off to prison long ago for some of the nonsense that gets spouted here.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 04 November 2010 - 05:31 AM.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

No...this was the march of tyranny in the face of the US.

Posted Image

and exactly why she's not speaker anymore.

#5 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

I have lived in and visited lands that are ruled by authoritarianand perhaps even tyrannical governments. Anyone who believes that the US is anywhere close to that is seriously deluded and perhaps in need of a visit to a mental institution. If this was a tyrannical government, most of you would have been hauled off to prison long ago for some of the nonsense that gets spouted here.

Irrelevant. The whole point of the illustration was the process used to go about reaching a state of tyranny. Just because you've been to a few hellholes doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. Try to keep up :)

#6 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

It isn't the government, it is the Fed... and some of us have been telling you this for a long time now...

We are "more free" than most countries in the world, but we are not totally free...

Everything you do is motivated/controlled by the almighty dollar...

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:02 AM

In reality this is probably a better solution for people than to be controlled and motivated by the almighty rifle/gulag.

#8 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

The picture is right.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

It's called Capitalism. You know, what we all love here. I really don't know what else to tell you people. Neil Young said You Gotta Serve Somebody and I've never heard of anyone being able to contradict that.

If you want to live truly free, cast off all your material goods and move to some deserted island somewhere and see if it's worth it. If not, it's a trade off - comfort and security in return for labor and obedience.

#10 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

It isn't the government, it is the Fed... and some of us have been telling you this for a long time now...

We are "more free" than most countries in the world, but we are not totally free...

Everything you do is motivated/controlled by the almighty dollar...

How would total freedom differ from what we have today?

#11 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

I've spoke out about the evils of Capitalism before...

You can have material goods without having to have a monetary entity behind them... but to do so, you have to get the world to accept the fact that all the planet's resources belong to all of its inhabitants...

That will never happen because there are a lot of people that feel entitled to something more than someone else... This is a part of the human condition, and a reason we will never survive...

#12 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

It's called Capitalism. You know, what we all love here. I really don't know what else to tell you people. Neil Young said You Gotta Serve Somebody and I've never heard of anyone being able to contradict that.

I thought that was Bob Dylan?

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,101 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

it was Dylan.

#14 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,101 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Supply and demand blah blah. Typical the bemoaners of capitalism are some of the most addicted to it. LOL!!!

#15 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

How would total freedom differ from what we have today?

First off, you wouldn't need money...

Secondly, you wouldn't need a job because you wouldn't need money...

Thirdly, all material wealth would have to be shared by everyone equally... That is the part that will never happen because of the human ego and general lack of empathy... It is also the part that will prevent the other two from happening...

In a totally free society, there is no hierarchy... There are no laws because there is no crime because there is nobody that has any more than another...

I'm sure the responses to all of this will be "but I worked hard for all I've got!" but think about it... You have not what you have worked for, but what your work has allowed you to have in our American system...

As evidenced by our laws, the government can come in any time they wish and pretty much take what you have... sometimes for money... sometimes without...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com