Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL Draft Carolina Panthers Select....

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I was highly against selecting a QB and giving Clausen a chance. But he just looks flat out lousy out there. I would love to have Luck now so we can have our franchise QB already. We could trade pickles or have him backup.

Posted

If possible we get Luck, if not we get AJ Green or the best D lineman available, no way we get a O lineman, maybe Otah will still be hurt so maybe hahahha

Posted

If we get Luck we need to go ahead and get the other Harbaugh brother who's in Stanford to coach, that would be nice :drool5:

Posted

We trade Jimmy to KC for a 4th round pick, sign a vet FA, Moore goes in FA, and we get Cam Newton in the first round. Cam - starter, vet FA, Pike

Posted

Considering how incredibly desperate we are for a QB (I think when you combine the last 2-3 years of our QB play it might be the worst in NFL history) is there a chance we could take a chance on Locker in the top 5?

Posted

We trade Jimmy to KC for a 4th round pick, sign a vet FA, Moore goes in FA, and we get Cam Newton in the first round. Cam - starter, vet FA, Pike

I don't like running QBs but Cam is the only other QB that I'd want other than Luck. He's got potential to be more than Vick or Young IMO.

Posted

I don't like running QBs but Cam is the only other QB that I'd want other than Luck. He's got potential to be more than Vick or Young IMO.

I agree with you. Luck would be great, but imo right now with the status of our team, Cam would do the best. He IS a good passer unlike the other qbs that run, hes shown that, I was skeptical at first(auburn fan). And since he can run and escape the pocket he can bring that to a horrible Panther O. It will help WR's get open and will help the RBs have more success.

Posted

Considering how incredibly desperate we are for a QB (I think when you combine the last 2-3 years of our QB play it might be the worst in NFL history) is there a chance we could take a chance on Locker in the top 5?

Doubt it. We'd tae Mallet in the top 5 before we'd take Locker.

Unless Locker picks it up, I see him falling to late first round.

Posted

We don't need a QB... I can't believe people are already giving up on Clausen when the season isn't even over.

Our best bet is to get the best available defensive player to continue solidify our defense.

Posted

We don't need a QB... I can't believe people are already giving up on Clausen when the season isn't even over.

Our best bet is to get the best available defensive player to continue solidify our defense.

I didn't want Clausen before the draft, and I don't want him now. I just don't think he can play in this league. Now I hope he makes me look like a fool, but I don't see that happening.

So because of that I want Andrew Luck if possible. I also want us to pick up either McNabb, Hasselbeck or maybe even Michael Vick to start for a year or two until Luck, Clausen or maybe another young player have had some time to sit and learn the game.

Posted

Jake Locker is not a NFL QB

Posted

I am a Clausen supporter. I think the kid will be a really GOOD QB in this league someday.

BUT

There is no way you pass on the next GREAT QB, and that is Luck. If he is available, we have to take him unless Hurney is really a moron!