Photo
- - - - -

PETA wants NFL to test Vick's mental health

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#16 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

As much as I hate Vick this is absolutely insane, he doing his time and shouldn't be bothered after that. I also have nothing against him coming back into the league, everyone deserves at least a 2nd chance.

#17 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

can we move on from michael vick the man has done his time...some people are just never going to let this go....the police bust dog fighting rings all the time and that poo barely makes the news and PETA dont fuging picket

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

the reason they want him tested before entering the nfl, is his psyche evaluations from prison suggest that he does have some sort of personality disorder. Since they were talking with vick about doing tv commercials and stuff they got their hands on the report, hence why peta withdrew the offer for the commercial. The report is from the USDA office and shows that he lied about being the ringleader (said he just funded it) and about attending and betting on the dogs.
I do however wonder if with the new evidence from the recently released report if Virgina stays on course and goes after him for the felony charges for just dog fighting. (it's a felony in Virgina with a sentence up from 5 - 20 years in jail.

Edited by carpanfan96, 24 January 2009 - 09:14 AM.

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

That is true. If a mental evaluation was needed, it would have been ordered it at his sentencing. He is doing his time, making it up to society, if he can really ever do that. But this kind of request needed to be brought up in court.

Your right The USDA should've brought this up in court but didn't since they were only going for conspiracy charges, The recent report from the USDA shows that he does actually fit the profile for someone with a Personality disorder.

#20 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

PETA needs a mental health exam.

#21 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

5-20 years for dog fighting is retarded.

#22 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

5-20 years for dog fighting is retarded.

Yep. Should he be thrown to the dogs.

#23 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,227 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

people who enjoy dog fighting are retarded.

Fixed.

As to Vick, what you have to remember is that the dogfighting was at the heart of a gambling operation. You can bet the NFL remembers that. You can also bet that Roger Goodell remembers Vick lying to his face.

His reinstatement is far from being a lock.

#24 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

can we move on from michael vick the man has done his time...some people are just never going to let this go....the police bust dog fighting rings all the time and that sh*t barely makes the news and PETA dont f*cking picket

We have to make sure a man like Vick never ever becomes a QB in this league again.

#25 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

can we move on from michael vick the man has done his time...some people are just never going to let this go....the police bust dog fighting rings all the time and that sh*t barely makes the news and PETA dont f*cking picket

actually they usually don't picket they use more visual and extreme methods for demonstrating, but yes they do. I went looking for the vick story from them and they had a story about a guy from I believe philly getting a dog of his back that he abused and they an email addy for some body in philly for you to email and complain about it. I guess trying to have the dog taken from his abusive owner.

#26 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

my bad the story about the dog being returned was from Georgia, and it did involve dog fighting. Link

#27 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

PETA is the most annoying group in the WORLD!! It's a shame. I agree with their basic principal of ethical treatment for animals. But they're extremist assholes. If we didn't eat cows, there wouldn't be any cows!

#28 Ms.Skyy

Ms.Skyy

Quit f'ing with my title.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

How about we do mental evaluations on the rapist and the pedophiles and murderers we set free, that reoffend over and over again and not worry so much about Michael Vick and his dog fighting.

#29 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

How about we do mental evaluations on the rapist and the pedophiles and murderers we set free, that reoffend over and over again and not worry so much about Michael Vick and his dog fighting.

:clap:

#30 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

And add PETA to that list, and you have yourself a deal.

Reoffend? lol

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com