#1 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

I think the QB suckage is because there is no one to develop them. That's the main reason we need a change in coaching. Do you guys really think there is no hope in Moore or Clausen?

#2 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

My answer to the title of this thread is yes...

#3 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

It's both honestly.

Moore's regression is pretty remarkable but Clausen isn't NFL material. After looking at his peripherals last year Moore was fool's gold but we were to blind to see it, and I'm as much as fault as anyone.

#4 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

Yep, it's both.

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

Exactly, why draft a Joe Flacco instead of Jonathon Stewart when we have no chance in hell of developing him.

#6 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

because you can shake a bush and find a running back?

#7 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

It's both honestly.

Moore's regression is pretty remarkable but Clausen isn't NFL material. After looking at his peripherals last year Moore was fool's gold but we were to blind to see it, and I'm as much as fault as anyone.

this.this.this.this

the more I see of Clausen the more I realize how much of a pussy he really is. for fug sakes were 1-6 throw the damn ball downfield

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

because you can shake a bush and find a running back?

You missed my sarcasm meter.

Posted Image

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

Moore could reach a Trent Dilfer level, but he will never be able to lead a team to victory. With the line and receiving corp he has now, he's doomed.

As far as our coaching, we imported Cleveland's old offensive coaching staff and we somehow ended up with Cleveland's old offense. Go figure.

Edited by Delhommey, 08 November 2010 - 01:41 AM.

#10 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

Coaching.

#11 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

It's both honestly.

Clausen isn't NFL material? That's a pretty sweeping statement, one that's obviously wrong.

Put him in a position to succeed and he will. Throw him into the fire with dog poo coaching and he'll look awful.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

I like the part where we're down by three scores late in the second half and we're running play action like they're gonna bite.

Or where we put the rookie in when we have to pass and we send all our pass catchers on long developing routes.

#13 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:58 AM

Until we get better coaching we have no clue how good these guys are. Bad playcalling and poor preparation can make ANY NFL QB look worse than they are.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,779 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

Clausen isn't NFL material? That's a pretty sweeping statement, one that's obviously wrong.

Put him in a position to succeed and he will. Throw him into the fire with dog poo coaching and he'll look awful.

I'm not convinced that Clausen is a bust. I do believe (and always have) that he's way better suited to a West Coast offense than he is to the offense we run.

That said, if you give me the choice between Clausen and Andrew Luck, I'm taking Luck.

A "wildest dream" scenario would be the Panthers being able to draft Luck and trade Clausen to a WCO team (like say, the Vikings) for a half-decent pick.

Sure, it's possible, but the odds of those particular dominos falling are such that I can say I'll shave my head if it actually happens.

Edited by Mr Scot, 08 November 2010 - 02:14 AM.

#15 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

I'm not sold on Luck. He looks good, but he has all fuging day to throw and his HC obviously out schemes most teams. He's being put in a great situation to succeed.

As for Clausen, that's easily fixed. Bring back the WCO to Carolina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.