• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

And his entire life with his dad's foot up his ass and a silver spoon in his mouth.

Try again.

Oh that's right. His family is rich.

I forgot why some people disliked him. Damn him for having a head start in life.

I also didn't realise that his dad made him play with a season ending injury. Of course he didn't show guts in that situation, it was all his dad.

#47 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Yup, counting his money in the meantime.:cool:

#48 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

To the idiot who said Pike was junk in college... His 29 touchdowns and 6 interceptions laugh at you. Along with his 12-1 record.

#49 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Clausen struggles w/ such basics what does a QB friendly system do for him? I mean if he takes a hr to wind up to throw a 5 yard hitch........defenders are gonna know what is going on and either bat it at the line or get a break on the WR. That is if he gets the snap and opts not to scramble out of the pocket.

Sutton played in ONE GAME to date for us. That comparison has no meaning.

Colt didn't get a chance with all 1st team snaps. 1st start was against Pitt and Clausen has never even had a game that impressive against much weaker defenses.

It would make his job a lot easier. Colt and Bradford have a better running game and are in a system where they are not asked to make to many huge throws. lots of high percentage completion.

Clausen needs to play better but for anyone to write him completely off at this point is just not smart.

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

At this point, why not give the guy a shot?

#51 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

And his entire life with his dad's foot up his ass and a silver spoon in his mouth.

Try again.

BAM! Real Talk!

Oh that's right. His family is rich.

I forgot why some people disliked him. Damn him for having a head start in life.

I also didn't realise that his dad made him play with a season ending injury. Of course he didn't show guts in that situation, it was all his dad.

We don't dislike him for that, we just see what skill he truly has. When your dad buys you the best football team around, it's not hard to look good. When you play in college against 4 DBs that are considered NFL talents, 3 of those 4 barely making it (7th rounders) you can hide a lot of your flaws from the general public. We just didn't buy the hype.

To the idiot who said Pike was junk in college... His 29 touchdowns and 6 interceptions laugh at you. Along with his 12-1 record.

Pike played in a worse conference than the MWC and the WAC. The only college quality defense he played he got shut out until they called the dogs off. Add into that the fact that his backup put up just as good of numbers and it screams system QB. Colt Brennan FTW!

#52 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,082 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

It would make his job a lot easier. Colt and Bradford have a better running game and are in a system where they are not asked to make to many huge throws. lots of high percentage completion.

Clausen needs to play better but for anyone to write him completely off at this point is just not smart.

but again, until he works and corrects his flawed game......he isn't going to be effective in any system.

I am not writing him off completely. I don't see the point in those claiming he needs to play out these last 8. From what we have seen he shouldn't be on the field and that likely will kill whatever chance he had to be QB in Carolina.

#53 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,041 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

but again, until he works and corrects his flawed game......he isn't going to be effective in any system.

I am not writing him off completely. I don't see the point in those claiming he needs to play out these last 8. From what we have seen he shouldn't be on the field and that likely will kill whatever chance he had to be QB in Carolina.

The point of putting him out there is to see what you have in him. figure out if you need to stick with him or draft a QB.

#54 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Pike played in a worse conference than the MWC and the WAC. The only college quality defense he played he got shut out until they called the dogs off. Add into that the fact that his backup put up just as good of numbers and it screams system QB. Colt Brennan FTW!

Haha did you just say the Wac bigger than the big east? I guess arguments can be made for the Mountain west but the Wac? lol thats a joke. Boise State is the only good team in the Wac and if they were in an actual conference they wouldn't go undefeated every year.

#55 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I think Matt Moore gives us the best chance to win even with a torn labrum.

#56 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,574 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

And the slurping continues...

#57 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,574 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Haha did you just say the Wac bigger than the big east? I guess arguments can be made for the Mountain west but the Wac? lol thats a joke. Boise State is the only good team in the Wac and if they were in an actual conference they wouldn't go undefeated every year.

You know that everyone faced worse competition compared to Matt Moore...

#58 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

I forgot everyone here only pays attention to East Coast football. WAC would destroy the Big East.

How did Tony do against a real college team? What's that? Got shutout until they put in backups? Are you serious? Sheesh.

LPF, this isn't about Moore, but since you brought it up. Yes the Pac10 is better than FCS, Independent, and Big East

#59 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

Matt Moore faced good competition, Clausen faced the best, and Pike is descent. Pike really is a project kid and should not be playing. He doesnt have a very strong arm and isnt a very accurate passer. The only positives with him is he is tall and somewhat mobile. In college he played in a spread offense and only had to make typical throws of 5-10 yards. Just think Clausen should be given more chances based on how poor our line is playing. The problem really isnt with our QB's as much as it is our O-Line

#60 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,574 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

There isn't a conference season for "Independent" aside from the military academies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.