Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama signs executive order to close Gitmo

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just make sure the trainer knows who to tip off when they ask to learn how to make the bobsled go downhill, but not how to get out of it at the bottom of the mountain.

Posted · Report post

Eh... they'd probably line the bobsled with C4 and blow it up as it crossed the finish line... with themselves in it, of course

Posted · Report post

Where will they go? Most of the counties they came from don't want them back. Send them to the others and they will be killed or join back up in the fight. Can't put them in the Prison system in the US. So..... where do they go??

John Murtha thinks they can go into the federal prison system. Said he'd be willing to take them, even in his state's minimum security prison. I say, put them in PA and let them deal with them.

Posted · Report post

Why not put them in Alcatraz. And make sure Sean Connery is under lock and key

Posted · Report post

Someone in Congress actually suggested that.

Posted · Report post

Connery would never agree to that... he wouldn't even do the 4th indy movie. :(

Posted · Report post

Connery would never agree to that... he wouldn't even do the 4th indy movie. :(

If I had read the script beforehand, I wouldn't have either

Posted · Report post

I dont see where any good would come from this. This is not the same world it was 50yrs ago. These people want us dead. They are all willing to die if it means we die. Do you know how dangerous that makes them. They are just waiting on us to drop our guard. This is the first sign of America becoming P*ssyfied again. I cant believe people are ok with this and acually think it is a good idea.

Posted · Report post

I dont see where any good would come from this. This is not the same world it was 50yrs ago. These people want us dead. They are all willing to die if it means we die. Do you know how dangerous that makes them.

Ever heard of Japan's kamikaze pilots? Those were more than 50 years ago....

Posted · Report post

I dont see where any good would come from this. This is not the same world it was 50yrs ago. These people want us dead. They are all willing to die if it means we die. Do you know how dangerous that makes them. They are just waiting on us to drop our guard. This is the first sign of America becoming P*ssyfied again. I cant believe people are ok with this and acually think it is a good idea.

It wasn't people. It was Zod. He's an artsy-fartsy liberal.

Posted · Report post

I spent several weeks at Gitmo well before it became known as the place to put people when we don't know what to do with them. As far as I am concerned, they can burn the place down, and give it back to Fidel.

Posted · Report post

Kamikaze pilots would attempt to intentionally crash their aircraft — often laden with explosives, bombs, torpedoes and full fuel tanks – into Allied ships. The aircraft's normal role was essentially converted to that of a manned missile in a desperate attempt to reap the benefits of greatly increased accuracy and payload over that of a normal bomb. The goal of crippling as many Allied capital ships as possible was considered critical enough to warrant the sacrifice of an aviator and his aircraft.

These attacks, beginning in October 1944, followed several critical military defeats for Japan. A combination of a decreasing capacity to wage war – along with the loss of experienced pilots – and rapidly declining industrial capacity relative to the United States, as well as the Japanese government's reluctance to surrender, led to the use of kamikaze tactics as Allied forces advanced towards the Japanese home islands.

Kamikaze were the most common and best-known form of Japanese suicide attack during World War II. They were similar to the "banzai charge" used by Japanese soldiers. In addition, the Japanese military used or made plans for various suicide attacks, including submarines, human torpedoes, speedboats and divers.

Subtract a Japanese aviator, add an Islamic Jihadist and there you have it...