#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:29 AM

What a stupid and incompetent move.

We have really bad people locked up and don't know what to do with them or where to send them. If we were like other "civilized" countries, we would have just killed them and been done with it.

Obama is just kissing up to the lefties and in the process putting himself and this country at risk. He didn't have the balls to say during the campaign for the lunatics to shut up unless they had a plan. No, he just signs the order with no plan whatsoever.

What a rookie mistake. Who gives a flying leap what France or some other country thinks. When these guys carry out more bombings and kill more Americans, just remember that at least France likes us.

#62 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

Did you read somewhere in invisible neo-con ink that Obama was releasing the prisoners?

#63 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

Remember righties: bringing up France always helps make your point. The fact that the current French President is a big Dubya fan should not let you stop this thought process, as no one actually finds out anything about France, as it is easier to make fun of them that way.

And stirs, he is ordering that plans be made. I know that's hard to understand. If you hate the fact that America does not just kill people that it cannot even bring charges against, feel free to move to a country more suited for your leanings. There are several in Africa that are currently enjoying the benefits of killing uncharged prisoners at this time.

#64 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,888 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

They have no right to out judicial process, as they are not American citizens. Add to that, their countries do not want them back as they would have to put them on trial and deal with the problems of their own countries. All the while knowing that by punishing them they are opening their doors for more attacks from the "group" in which this criminal belongs.

It's a F'up situation that nobody really knows what to do with.

#65 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

That's true, there is no "good" solution. However, keeping people locked up without any charges for the rest of their lives, based on the technicality that Cuba is not "US soil", is as or more messed up than the other options.

#66 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:56 AM

Most people make "plans" before coming up with solutions. He is closing with no plan in place. Cart before the horse. They are not released yet, but it's coming.

These guys campaigned against it for years and offered no credible plan. Now that he has jumped the gun to satisfy "the world", he will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Who is he working for?

#67 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Remember righties: bringing up France always helps make your point. The fact that the current French President is a big Dubya fan should not let you stop this thought process, as no one actually finds out anything about France, as it is easier to make fun of them that way.

And stirs, he is ordering that plans be made. I know that's hard to understand. If you hate the fact that America does not just kill people that it cannot even bring charges against, feel free to move to a country more suited for your leanings. There are several in Africa that are currently enjoying the benefits of killing uncharged prisoners at this time.

There is a difference between prisoners and prisoners of war. If you could go back in time and put the 9/11 pilots in Gitmo, would you, or would you be too worried about America's image to those using an internet cafe in Paris?

#68 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

No he is not. Habla Englais?

And of course, he is satisfying the American public. Most of us want Gitmo to close.

#69 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

There is a difference between prisoners and prisoners of war. If you could go back in time and put the 9/11 pilots in Gitmo, would you, or would you be too worried about America's image to those using an internet cafe in Paris?

Hey, France! Works for illogical arguments every time!

I would not put them in Gitmo. If I knew they were plotting against us, I would notify the FBI, they would be arrested and tried, as they were on US soil plotting the attacks. Duh.

#70 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

Get used to it.

http://www.iht.com/a...ee.1-414168.php

#71 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Like I said, it's going to happen to some of them, no doubt.

from the article:

In any case, few of the former detainees, if any, are thought to have joined the leadership of a major terrorist organization like Al Qaeda in Yemen, a mostly homegrown group that experts say has been reinforced lately by an infusion of foreign fighters.

So it's a problem, but it's not necessarily going to mean that all these guys (and of course, not all of them will be "released" by a long shot) are going to attack us again.

#72 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

So it's a problem, but it's not necessarily going to mean that all these guys (and of course, not all of them will be "released" by a long shot) are going to attack us again.

You nor Obama know who (any or all) will be released, who will go, where, when or nothing else.

#73 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Just like, according to the article, Bush.

And yes, since I will probably not be in charge of making this policy happen, I will not know until I read it, just like everyone else.

#74 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

But you are sure that not all will be released by a long shot. where is that info coming from?

#75 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Common sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.