Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

We are going to win this fight, and we will win it on OUR terms

64 posts in this topic

According to the links posted in this here thread, they seem to. RPGs are dirt cheap compared to say, the armor we need to protect Humvees against them.

I'm glad we have all the tech. But the argument that our enemies could have the same tech we do, but choose not to have it is just silly.

The "they are cowards" argument has merits in some cases, but I would not call flying a jetliner into a building yourself a "cowardly" act. I certainly would not have the courage to do that for any reason I can think of, even 72 virgins.

Alright hose listen I understand your thinking here "if they have so much money than where are they're fighter jets, supply routes, etc." and without sitting down to explain to you the amount of training, manpower, leadership, technology, etc. it takes to run a military at war, the fact is no matter that their dirt cheap they still have financial backing.

The 9/11 part about cowards is pretty much the complete definition I would use to explain a terrorist coward, to unworthy to face me in a battle of arms, of wit, too much of a coward to fight me the one in uniform, so much of a coward he has to kill my civilians behind my back, using terror as his weapon hiding, running, to scared to cut my head off alone, an invocation of a cowardly terrorist at every level.

The 9/11 part about cowards is pretty much the complete definition I would use to explain a terrorist coward, to unworthy to face me in a battle of arms, of wit, too much of a coward to fight me the one in uniform, so much of a coward he has to kill my civilians behind my back, using terror as his weapon hiding, running, to scared to cut my head off alone, an invocation of a cowardly terrorist at every level.

I agree with this quote completely.

Terror is the weapon of choice for all cowards.

But if we reduce them to that how will we ever understand them?

/end liberal reply

I would say that on September 11th they won the battle of wits.

Yes they get money. Of course. But these people are in fact not the same as us. Life is cheap, and from birth they are taught that it is the West's fault that they have nothing. To some point, there is a truth there, but it is the corrupt governments that exist in the Middle East that are the major issue there (and by golly, who props them up with oil money?).

In the 1980s when these assholes were blowing up Russian tanks, killing suspected civilian sympathizers, squashing womens rights, raping and pillaging, and ending the Soviet Union in the process, we called them "freedom fighters". I am sure the Russians did not.

I would say that on September 11th they won the battle of wits.

Yes they get money. Of course. But these people are in fact not the same as us. Life is cheap, and from birth they are taught that it is the West's fault that they have nothing. To some point, there is a truth there, but it is the corrupt governments that exist in the Middle East that are the major issue there (and by golly, who props them up with oil money?).

In the 1980s when these assholes were blowing up Russian tanks, killing suspected civilian sympathizers, squashing womens rights, raping and pillaging, and ending the Soviet Union in the process, we called them "freedom fighters". I am sure the Russians did not.

So it's our fault because we buy oil from them? Jesus.

If we were all about the freedom, and against the people who caused 9/11, we would have invaded Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Yet we didn't.

Arguing with cookin is a complete waste of time. I'm personally done with it.

Let's hope Obama's strategy of being nice to captured terrorists works out. I somehow don't believe it will.

The true reality is we have no idea how much info was uncovered that is top secret, and to what end we went to gain it. I personally don't care what we do to a bunch of murdering haters...But that's me.

Arguing with cookin is a complete waste of time. I'm personally done with it.

Let's hope Obama's strategy of being nice to captured terrorists works out. I somehow don't believe it will.

The true reality is we have no idea how much info was uncovered that is top secret, and to what end we went to gain it. I personally don't care what we do to a bunch of murdering haters...But that's me.

So nice.....you had to say it twice!

I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he succeeds. Personally I don't agree with getting rid of some of our interrogation methods because the terrorists we are dealing with aren't scared of much...even to the point of death. But they are scared of being made to feel uncomfortable, i.e. waterboarding, playing ABBA 23 hours out of the day, etc. I'm just curious how we are supposed to extract any information from these animals.

Good luck Obama, for our sake.