• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

So they choose not to get Stealth Fighters! Ahh, I see!

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

They choose to attack civilians and to hide amongst civilians.

#33 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

They choose to cut journalists' heads off, film it and post it on the internet.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

They choose to put IED's on the side of the road that could kill a vehicle full of U.S. military, or it could kill a bridal party. They don't care.

#35 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Wasn't George C Scott in a movie about that?

#36 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Dude if it was an all out war against Russia or China that B-2 would keep you warm and fuzzy at night, the fact that we use Predators, Reapers, and any sort of advanced technology keeps that Soldier, Marine, Airman, an advantage at war, are you gonna say next that because we're sophisticated it's wrong, they still have money and backing homey, rpg's don't grow on trees.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

The snuff thing I mean

#38 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Dude if it was an all out war against Russia or China that B-2 would keep you warm and fuzzy at night, the fact that we use Predators, Reapers, and any sort of advanced technology keeps that Soldier, Marine, Airman, an advantage at war, are you gonna say next that because we're sophisticated it's wrong, they still have money and backing homey, rpg's don't grow on trees.

According to the links posted in this here thread, they seem to. RPGs are dirt cheap compared to say, the armor we need to protect Humvees against them.

I'm glad we have all the tech. But the argument that our enemies could have the same tech we do, but choose not to have it is just silly.

The "they are cowards" argument has merits in some cases, but I would not call flying a jetliner into a building yourself a "cowardly" act. I certainly would not have the courage to do that for any reason I can think of, even 72 virgins.

#39 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Wash Post reporting Obama ending Bush's War on Terror.

God forgive him if we get attacked again this year.

While Obama says he has no plans to diminish counterterrorism operations abroad, the notion that a president can circumvent long-standing U.S. laws simply by declaring war was halted by executive order in the Oval Office. Key components of the secret structure developed under Bush are being swept away: The military's Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, facility, where the rights of habeas corpus and due process had been denied detainees, will close, and the CIA is now prohibited from maintaining its own overseas prisons. And in a broad swipe at the Bush administration's lawyers, Obama nullified every legal order and opinion on interrogations issued by any lawyer in the executive branch after Sept. 11, 2001. It was a swift and sudden end to an era that was slowly drawing to a close anyway, as public sentiment grew against perceived abuses of government power.

I say well done

#40 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

According to the links posted in this here thread, they seem to. RPGs are dirt cheap compared to say, the armor we need to protect Humvees against them.

I'm glad we have all the tech. But the argument that our enemies could have the same tech we do, but choose not to have it is just silly.

The "they are cowards" argument has merits in some cases, but I would not call flying a jetliner into a building yourself a "cowardly" act. I certainly would not have the courage to do that for any reason I can think of, even 72 virgins.

Alright hose listen I understand your thinking here "if they have so much money than where are they're fighter jets, supply routes, etc." and without sitting down to explain to you the amount of training, manpower, leadership, technology, etc. it takes to run a military at war, the fact is no matter that their dirt cheap they still have financial backing.

The 9/11 part about cowards is pretty much the complete definition I would use to explain a terrorist coward, to unworthy to face me in a battle of arms, of wit, too much of a coward to fight me the one in uniform, so much of a coward he has to kill my civilians behind my back, using terror as his weapon hiding, running, to scared to cut my head off alone, an invocation of a cowardly terrorist at every level.

#41 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

The 9/11 part about cowards is pretty much the complete definition I would use to explain a terrorist coward, to unworthy to face me in a battle of arms, of wit, too much of a coward to fight me the one in uniform, so much of a coward he has to kill my civilians behind my back, using terror as his weapon hiding, running, to scared to cut my head off alone, an invocation of a cowardly terrorist at every level.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this quote completely.

Terror is the weapon of choice for all cowards.

#42 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

The 9/11 part about cowards is pretty much the complete definition I would use to explain a terrorist coward, to unworthy to face me in a battle of arms, of wit, too much of a coward to fight me the one in uniform, so much of a coward he has to kill my civilians behind my back, using terror as his weapon hiding, running, to scared to cut my head off alone, an invocation of a cowardly terrorist at every level.

I agree with this quote completely.

Terror is the weapon of choice for all cowards.

But if we reduce them to that how will we ever understand them?

/end liberal reply

#43 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

I would say that on September 11th they won the battle of wits.

Yes they get money. Of course. But these people are in fact not the same as us. Life is cheap, and from birth they are taught that it is the West's fault that they have nothing. To some point, there is a truth there, but it is the corrupt governments that exist in the Middle East that are the major issue there (and by golly, who props them up with oil money?).

In the 1980s when these assholes were blowing up Russian tanks, killing suspected civilian sympathizers, squashing womens rights, raping and pillaging, and ending the Soviet Union in the process, we called them "freedom fighters". I am sure the Russians did not.

#44 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

I would say that on September 11th they won the battle of wits.

Yes they get money. Of course. But these people are in fact not the same as us. Life is cheap, and from birth they are taught that it is the West's fault that they have nothing. To some point, there is a truth there, but it is the corrupt governments that exist in the Middle East that are the major issue there (and by golly, who props them up with oil money?).

In the 1980s when these assholes were blowing up Russian tanks, killing suspected civilian sympathizers, squashing womens rights, raping and pillaging, and ending the Soviet Union in the process, we called them "freedom fighters". I am sure the Russians did not.

So it's our fault because we buy oil from them? Jesus.

#45 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

If we were all about the freedom, and against the people who caused 9/11, we would have invaded Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Yet we didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com