Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Candidates Thread.

190 posts in this topic

Posted

McGinnis or McDermott over Edwards IMO.

Posted

Who else is there to look at other than McDermott, McGinnis, and Edwards?

Mark Carrier of Baltimore?

Ray Horton of Pittsburgh?

Perry Fewell of Buffalo? (He is from Gastonia)

Joe Woods of Minnesota?

Posted

Me

I get 5 sacks a game from Peppers in Madden

Posted

Sean McDermott

Secondary Coach

One of the brightest, young defensive minds in the league, Sean McDermott enters his 10th season in Philadelphia. McDermott was named secondary coach on January 28, 2008, after a successful one-year stint as linebackers coach last season.

"I don't think there are a lot of secondary coaches that are as good as Sean McDermott," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said. "He was a phenomenal linebackers coach and, really, his versatility I just think is second to none."

The linebacking group flourished under McDermott in 2007 as two youngsters – Omar Gaither (team-leading 170 tackles and 14 hurries) and Chris Gocong (92 tackles, including 7 for a loss) – progressed into full-time starters for the first time in their careers.

From 2004-06, McDermott served as the Eagles secondary/safeties coach. In 2004, he saw both of his starting safeties (Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis) earn Pro Bowl berths for the first time in team history. Under McDermott's watch, Dawkins went on to earn two more Pro Bowl berths following the 2005 and 2006 seasons. In addition, McDermott has been credited with the development of Eagles S Quintin Mikell.

McDermott worked as the Eagles assistant secondary coach in 2003 and as the club's defensive assistant/quality control coach from 2001-02, working with the linebacker position. In all, McDermott is the longest tenured defensive assistant coach under Jim Johnson.

Under McDermott's watch, one of his players (Dawkins twice, Lewis and Gaither) has been the most productive player on defense in four out of the last five years.

Yada, yada, yada......

Wow sounds like a man-crush??

Good research though!! ;)

Posted

And btw, I don't know what type of DC Herm Edwards could be but he definitely is not that great of a head coach. Drove Parcell's solid Jets into the ground and took the top notch O-line and RBs in KC and made it completely atrocious.

Upside: He drafted Brandon Flowers

Posted

I copy/paste with the best of em

Posted

I worry about Herm being a so-called "player's coaches." Wade Phillips is the player's coach exemplar. F*** that, I want a ball-breaker

Posted

Players coaches do well as coordinators... not so well as top dog

Posted

Well, we already have one. To be honest, the perfect DC for this team is John Fox

Posted

I worry about Herm being a so-called "player's coaches." Wade Phillips is the player's coach exemplar. F*** that, I want a ball-breaker

The perfect example of a ball-breaker:

BUD FOSTER

ncf_u_foster_200.jpg

Posted

Bring it on...

[ame]

[/ame]

Herm Edwards -- Fire it Up!!! :thumbsup:

You hear that Peppers -- YOU PLAY TO WIN!!!!!!!!

Posted

In order of preference...

1. Dave McGinnis

1a. Herm Edwards

2. Sean McDermott

By likelihood...

1. Someone none of us are talking about

2. Herm Edwards