• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

DC Candidates Thread.

why do so many people want the 3-4 i think the 4-3 will work we just need to upgrade

Because there is so much more you can do with a 3-4. It's a lot easier to disguise the blitz. But as I keep saying we would have add major size and speed on the D line.

I don't understand why everybody thinks that Tim Lewis is such a good coach in the first place. Did everybody miss all the secondary mistakes that took place this season, or how his players turned against him when he was the DC in NY?

Here you have a guy who's players have actually called him out by name before (Tim Lewis), and yet Trgovac is the one who's hated like a terrorist around here.

LMAO at people wanting Romeo Crennel and an aggressive defense.. Sorry folks, that's probably the first time Crennel and aggressive have been used in the same sentence.

Because there is so much more you can do with a 3-4. It's a lot easier to disguise the blitz. But as I keep saying we would have add major size and speed on the D line.

does philly run a 3-4 because thats how i want are D to be

We aren't going to a 3-4 if for no other reason than that we have probably the best 4-3 MLB in the league right now. Do we need to blitz and get pressure more? Yes...but you can do that out of a 4-3 with the right scheme. Those that want Romeo Crennel you need to remember that Bill Bellicheat primarily runs the defense in New England and that Crennel's defense fell flat on its face every season that he was in Cleveland. Not to mention he coaches a 3-4 not a 4-3 and as long as Fox is the HC we will not be a 3-4. That said...the most obvious choice in my mind and the most logical choice would be McDermott from the Eagles for a few simple reasons

1. Pep is out and this guy knows from JJ how and when to get pressure without a stud DE (in my mind Charles Johnson is a lot like Trent Cole)

2. He is a secondary coach which we need BADLY to help this defense.

3. Maybe the most obvious reason is that he has coached in a 4-3 under maybe the most successful DC in recent memory (outside of LeBeau at Pittsburgh).

Good question! I completely forgot about Haslett, but he would easily be in my top 3