189 replies to this topic

#181 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Maybe if we pulled in a DC who has recently been a head coach, Fox would be more hesitant to go in and try to take the reins in from them midseason. Only problem is, Herm doesn't want to be a DC, and Crennel is a 3-4 guy (i'm not even gonna go there).

Pats ran a hybrid 3-4 with Crennel but he has also coached 4-3 if im not mistaken. Really good DCs can use ether base and have had success in do both.

#182 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Just bring in Herm, make it happen.

#183 Chubbs McGee

Chubbs McGee

I will bite your face off

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

Just bring in Herm, make it happen.

You mean Herm Edwards, who has never been a DC, and who has said he doesn't want to be a DC? Yeah, sounds awesome.

#184 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Herm Edwards

He's a pretty cool guy, he knows coverage and dosent afraid of anything.

#185 holycrikey

holycrikey

panthArs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Yet again people... very doubtful that Herm Edwards will take a defensive coordinator spot. He said he'd like to be a defensive backs coach, and if the Panthers could snag him for a nice cheap price, I think he'd be a fantastic replacement for one of the coaching spots we just lost.

This is gonna be very interesting now that Herm is pretty much out of the running.

I really hope the Panthers don't promote someone from in-house. I'd like them to get someone new to energize the players.

#186 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

I really hope the Panthers don't promote someone from in-house. I'd like them to get someone new to energize the players.

They would have to promote the water boy at this point...

hmmmmmm

not a bad idea!

#187 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

That's plain gay. I was already married when you were just a stain running down your daddy's leg. Getting excited about an aggressive defensive scheme is hardly the same as you suggest. If you were going for the humor angle you failed as well.

I thought it was funny

#188 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Adam Schefter in a chat just reported that Jim Haslett and Ron Meeks are two names connected to the Panthers

#189 Godman459

Godman459

Panther for Life

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Adam Schefter in a chat just reported that Jim Haslett and Ron Meeks are two names connected to the Panthers

Dear God, I hope they don't bring in "has-been" for the D coordinator. Meeks' Defence the past few years have been good. Granted his run D has sucked the past couple of years, but last year I think the Colts only allowed like 2 or 3 passing TD's all year (please correct me if I'm wrong there).

I'll take Meeks over hasslett any day. At least Meeks knows how to win.

#190 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

It's over. Meeks is in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.