Photo
- - - - -

Not-So-Great Moments in Panthers History

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

With the fans he's brought to the huddle Armanti is about tops on my list right now....

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

IMO, the Sean Gilbert trade is by far the biggest goof in the history of Panthers management.

Moral of the story: Beware the guy who says that God told him he needed to make a certain amount of money in a dream...

Edited by CatMan72, 09 November 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

I loved the stunt Mike Holmgren pulled.

Reggie White said he was waiting for God to direct him where to go. Holmgren left a message on his answering machine that said "Reggie, this is God. Go to Green Bay" :lol:

White thought it was funny too. And hey, it worked.

#34 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

I have hope in Armanti. I just don't think we should have traded to get him in the second round when he probably would still be there in the 5th round.

#35 Cats-eat-birds

Cats-eat-birds

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Great Post!

I have faith in the Panther's future. The question is "How far into the future?". I fear that the cleanup that happened in 20010 will have to continue with any new regime. Honestly, we could see another 2-3 years of sub-par records. Notice I do not say performance. We have a solid core in Beason, Davis, Anderson, Stewart, Williams, Smitty, Brown, etc. I am just concerned that by the time a supporting cast is found, that can allow these guys to excel, it will be too late.

Either way, Fan to the end.

Go Panthers.

#36 Cats-eat-birds

Cats-eat-birds

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

Great Post!

I have faith in the Panther's future. The question is "How far into the future?". I fear that the cleanup that happened in 20010 will have to continue with any new regime. Honestly, we could see another 2-3 years of sub-par records. Notice I do not say performance. We have a solid core in Beason, Davis, Anderson, Stewart, Williams, Smitty, Brown, etc. I am just concerned that by the time a supporting cast is found, that can allow these guys to excel, it will be too late.

Either way, Fan to the end.

Go Panthers.

Correction 2010 not 20010...damn Miller Lite

#37 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

I don't think we have to wait until next year to know about Clausen.

Have Armanti's name done in Italic, looks much better.

I have a lot of faith in Armanti, if they play him at QB. Don't think that Montana could do great at receiving punts, or Namath at WR. Just play him where he is used to playing.

Did this just happen?

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

With Gregory or with the birds being the real brains behind the operation? :lol:

Takes the fifth....................................:leaving:

:cheers2:

#39 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

Worst five moments in Panthers history...

5. Kerry Collins gets drunk and thinks it would be funny to say "Wassup, my n*** to Muhammad and to call Davidds-Garrido a *******. End of most promising franchise start ever.
4. Vick scores on 12-yard run to force game to overtime. That Panthers team was amazing. From 1-7 to in the playoffs at 6-7 when this game started. Then, they let Vick score on fourth and goal from the 12.
3. John Kasay kicks it out of bounds. Only reason this is number three is because Pats could have picked on Terry Cousin and Deon Grant all the way down the field and still kicked it on time.
2. Cardinals make Jake look like Paul Crewe in Longest Yard (before he turned it around). Yes, that defense was falling apart. But that running game could have easily beaten Philly at home the next week for another Super Bowl appearance. Then you would have had Fox vs. Tomlin in the big game. Edge: Panthers.
1. DeShaun Foster gets injured in playoff win over Bears. That 2005 team was on a serious roll after getting hosed by Dallas on Christmas Eve. Won 44-11 at Atlanta. Won 23-0 at New York (first playoff road shutout since 1980). Won 29-21 at Chicago.

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

5. Kerry Collins gets drunk and thinks it would be funny to say "Wassup, my n*** to Muhammad and to call Davidds-Garrido a *******. End of most promising franchise start ever.
4. Vick scores on 12-yard run to force game to overtime. That Panthers team was amazing. From 1-7 to in the playoffs at 6-7 when this game started. Then, they let Vick score on fourth and goal from the 12.
3. John Kasay kicks it out of bounds. Only reason this is number three is because Pats could have picked on Terry Cousin and Deon Grant all the way down the field and still kicked it on time.
2. Cardinals make Jake look like Paul Crewe in Longest Yard (before he turned it around). Yes, that defense was falling apart. But that running game could have easily beaten Philly at home the next week for another Super Bowl appearance. Then you would have had Fox vs. Tomlin in the big game. Edge: Panthers.
1. DeShaun Foster gets injured in playoff win over Bears. That 2005 team was on a serious roll after getting hosed by Dallas on Christmas Eve. Won 44-11 at Atlanta. Won 23-0 at New York (first playoff road shutout since 1980). Won 29-21 at Chicago.

Remember all of those :(

#41 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Order is debatable, but hard to argue these gut-wrenchers.

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'd have to say the absolute worst moments involve Rae Carruth and Fred Lane (for different reasons).