#1 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

So his inevitable 49 QB rating can hush the App State homers who think he's the savior and is better than Michael Vick. Funny how they say Clausen can't see over the line but somehow Armanti in his diminuitive stature could? Look I'm all for finding the solution on our current roster. But saying Clausen wouldn't cut it with the '08 Lions or Moore is the worst QB ever while touting Edwards' 7 career rushing yards is retarded.

Go Panthers.:cheers2:

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

So his inevitable 49 QB rating can hush the App State homers who think he's the savior and is better than Michael Vick. Funny how they say Clausen can't see over the line but somehow Armanti in his diminuitive stature could? Look I'm all for finding the solution on our current roster. But saying Clausen wouldn't cut it with the '08 Lions or Moore is the worst QB ever while touting Edwards' 7 career rushing yards is retarded.

Go Panthers.:cheers2:

a 49, dont you think you're being a little generous....:rolleyes:

#3 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

Why would you ever hope for the failure of a player on your team?

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,504 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

I would never wish a player to do poorly... but I can wish for fans to shut up about him.

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

What would you do if he did well? God forbid someone is a fan of someone on the team.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

Why would you ever hope for the failure of a player on your team?

I don't think anyone here wants him to be any less then Steve Smith or Desean Jackson reincarnated, but he isn't a QB in the NFL and our QB performance would get much worse with him under center. Did the kid even take snaps under center his entire career at App.....

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

Would you still not root for him just because you want to hate on "App State Homers"?

#8 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,691 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

I said I was in favor of finding our answer on our current roster.

Do you think he'd go 300 yds 4 TD? I really just don't.

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

Our QB performance would get worse? You really just said that? How is that possible?

They would have to change the play calling to suit his abilities since he hasn't been practicing under center in a run first offense, and I know the creativity involved is beyond our coaching staff. But with both our starting runners out, they have to do something.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

So basically you're relegating the answer to Pike. Cause that's about your only option left.

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,504 posts

What would you do if he did well? God forbid someone is a fan of someone on the team.

I'd cheer for him and wait for the day when the App Homers get tired of shoving it everyones faces that he was good. *shrugs*

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

And for the record, Pike and Armanti played about the same style offense in college.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Our QB performance would get worse? You really just said that? How is that possible?

They would have to change the play calling to suit his abilities since he hasn't been practicing under center in a run first offense, and I know the creativity involved is beyond our coaching staff. But with both our starting runners out, they have to do something.

Exactly what do you want them to do to adjust the playcalling and take advantage of our strengths and playmakers?? Run the fuging triple option....

#14 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,691 posts
  • Location704

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

If Clausen plays and throws for 250 yards half the board will proclaim him savior, the other half will say "AE would've thrown for 251."

Give Edwards a shot then. If he throws 5 picks we can say "yes, you can get worse."
If he shines, keep starting him.

#15 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,504 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

they did... which is why I am hesitant that either of them will do well. To be honest, I think Armanti has a better chance because I think he is physically gifted in a way that would allow him to extend plays. However, his height is a concern for me; people say "it's just an inch" but every bit of it matters.

I'm not saying don't give him a shot, and I'm not saying we have a great option on the roster, just saying I don't have high expectations and hearing that he is better than Vick before he's played at all kinda annoys me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com