• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

or at least step down to a salary cap guru again.

This team really could use a firm authoritative figure at G.M. with a better pedigree of football knowledge. This team as a whole is lacking leadership in a major way. I understand the big cat likes to stay out of the limelight and I am totally ok and actually prefer that as well.

Hurney has caused major damage to this team by sacrificing the future with the trade for Everette Brown and now the one for A.E.

I didnt mind the trade up for Otah because we really were in the "win now" mind state at that point.

Things have since gone down hill and as Mr. Scott eluded to earlier we should have gotten rid of Fox this year. Hurney either didnt have the power, the balls,foresight, or some combination of these to pull the trigger.

I have lost faith in him as a G.M and his ability to properly handle our drafts.

We started to clean house with the players this year, now need to finish the job by cleaning out the front office

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,646 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Whether or not he should is something you can debate.

I don't believe he will.

#3 pantherrice

pantherrice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hurney should of been gone after he gave Jake Delhomme that big

contract in 2009.

#4 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hurney should of been gone after he gave Jake Delhomme that big

contract in 2009.

^This and this

I will NEVER forgive Hurney for that awful move.

#5 njpanther

njpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

He should go but he will not.

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

it doesent seem likely from the intel we get from our beat writers but then again nobody saw jerry blowing his 2 sons out. Also this year has been soo bad, so theres always hope

#7 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

I agree he should go. He got lucky with Smith and Peppers. Now he's just drafting stupid, and has had no Free Agency activity of note in years.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

i'm also of the opinion that it's a foregone conclusion hurney will be back.

if that is the case...what should he do?

of course he and JR should go all out and open up the purse strings to get the best coach possible and spend money on players. with the players, what would be the best strategy? spend tons of money on a few key acquisitions? trade draft picks away to get key players? spend a lot of money getting as many mid level talent players in?

say you have $50mil to spend. do you spread it around and try to strengthen as many areas as you can or do you focus it on a few key players?

do you build through the draft or do you use draft picks to trade away for more proven players? do you concentrate on FA more?

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,151 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

I agree he should go. He got lucky with Smith and Peppers. Now he's just drafting stupid, and has had no Free Agency activity of note in years.

he didn't even draft smith

i wish he fuging leaves

#10 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

We are the only team that trades away first round picks for average players. Raiders too but that's because they are the Raiders, they get a pass.

#11 littlebigman89

littlebigman89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

We need somebody that won't trade next year's first rounder to move up in this year's second(E. Brown) or next year's second to move up in this year's third(A.Edwards). I just don't like giving up higher pick to move up in a lower round. It really hurts for next year because the 2nd he gave away next year is going to be #33 or 34 overall.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

Jake... You just had the worst game in your life in the playoffs at home. You are 35 and have a questionable arm.

Sorry but... we are going to have to give you a big raise! Surprise! Now go sell those biscuits!

#13 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Jake... You just had the worst game in your life in the playoffs at home. You are 35 and have a questionable arm.

Sorry but... we are going to have to give you a big raise! Surprise! Now go sell those biscuits!

And you're a restricted fa so we really don't have to give you this $ right now but here you go anyway. :facepalm:

#14 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I think hurney has done pretty well in the draft. People are talking about the failures but we've done pretty well overall. He's been going insane lately but I think he drafts quite.

All of our 1st rounders have been gold.

Trading down with the Jets from #12 to pick up Jon Beason AND Ryan Kalil? Purty good.

I'm content with his draft skills. Can't

#15 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,892 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

I don't agree about Stewart and Otah being gold. One is not proven and the other can't stay healthy. Far from golden.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com