Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A change of heart

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think we should sticky everyone's opinion on this matter.

Only those who agree with me and have such a catchy title.

Posted · Report post

When I see some action, I may change my view. But I also said I was sorry to the father of the girl I lost my virginity to when he walked in on us.

I still continued to fug her.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He won't fulfill your faith in him...

Asshole post

Posted · Report post

I never said it but thought it.

Were the consumers of a product. JR owes us nothing. If what he provides isnt to our liking we are free to go down the road to dind what we do like.

Lot of folks on this board are spoiled and petulant children - even as "adults"

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Some things to remember about Jerry Richardson (from various sources over the years)...

- He's been known to engage fans in conversation at tailgates.

- He used to stop in at Hardees restaurants and work the drive thru.

- He sunk a great deal of his own money into bringing a team to the Carolinas. Had that effort failed, he'd have gotten nothing in return.

- He won't allow players to wear the jersey number "1" because he believes the team is number one, not any individual.

- He won't allow the stadium to be renamed "Richardson Stadium".

Basically, nothing in his history lends any credence to the idea that he suddenly just decided to stick it to the fans for the sake of his own greed. He does what he believes is best for the team and the game that he loves.

Does he make mistakes? Sure. Show me an owner who doesn't.

I hate what I'm seeing this season as much as anyone, but the moves that have been made could put us in a position to be the kind of perennial contender every fan wants to see.

If that happens, one year of consternation will be worth it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

When I see some action, I may change my view. But I also said I was sorry to the father of the girl I lost my virginity to when he walked in on us.

I still continued to f**k her.

Skew, you bad boy.

Posted · Report post

it is kind of hard for me to read that much blue. I don't mind it in smaller posts but it hurts my eyes a bit when it covers the screen. I think I sit too close to my monitor.

That being said, I agree with most of what you said, like I do with most of your posts! I do believe JR thinks he did what was right for the team in the long term and never thought this season would have unfolded the way it did.

I hope it taught him a lesson a bit, and I hope he keeps chasing his dream. Tired of people saying he has given up trying to win... I hope he goes out and proves just how much he wants to next year.

Posted · Report post

it is kind of hard for me to read that much blue. I don't mind it in smaller posts but it hurts my eyes a bit when it covers the screen. I think I sit too close to my monitor.

That being said, I agree with most of what you said, like I do with most of your posts! I do believe JR thinks he did what was right for the team in the long term and never thought this season would have unfolded the way it did.

I hope it taught him a lesson a bit, and I hope he keeps chasing his dream. Tired of people saying he has given up trying to win... I hope he goes out and proves just how much he wants to next year.

Run your mouse across it with the left mouse button down like you were going to copy or delete it. then it's white text on a blue background. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Highlight it.

Posted · Report post

Lady Panther, Do you actually know Mr. Richardson?

Posted · Report post

i think jerry has a lot more foresight than fans give him credit for. it's easy to want a championship NOW and cost yourself the future trying to get it. i think jerry's plan all along has been to set this team up for financial success and that dynasty in the future, even if it means a few speed bumps right now.

I hope you are right - and that an old man like me gets to live long enough to see it.

Posted · Report post

Highlight it.

that did help... a lot. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time. I was not trying to be a jerk. It is just hard for me to read bright text on a light background if it's paragraphs of stuff. Normal posts don't bother me at all.