Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A change of heart

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've just got one question about all of this...

Skew... did you continue to f*ck her while her father was still there, or later on the sly?

Posted · Report post

That was sweet and all, but I still feel that the questions about his mortality gave him some clarity into how much money he was spending on this toy and what that could mean for his actual legacy..... those of his family. I still think the "firing" of his sons was done with some hidden agenda to protect them somehow, to which they were likely aware.

At the end of the day though, he owes us nothing. He's the reason we have a team in North Carolina and none of us should forget that. However, to say that this budget cutting and lame duck season does not directly fall upon the decisions of Mr. Richardson is a reach at best.

There is no new coach because it would be too expensive to loose the one we have.

There are no new players because it would cost too much to bring them in.

There are no wins because there exists no continuity and no improvement upon a team that was bad last season.

A lot of these things could have been fixed with the right moves in the offseason in terms of staff and players alike, but instead JR prepared his budget for a potential lockout 2011 and decided this year was going to be a year to clean house and pack it up. Everybody that knew anything saw this kind of season coming a mile away unless it turned out that Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen were years ahead in development.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That was sweet and all, but I still feel that the questions about his mortality gave him some clarity into how much money he was spending on this toy and what that could mean for his actual legacy..... those of his family. I still think the "firing" of his sons was done with some hidden agenda to protect them somehow, to which they were likely aware.

At the end of the day though, he owes us nothing. He's the reason we have a team in North Carolina and none of us should forget that. However, to say that this budget cutting and lame duck season does not directly fall upon the decisions of Mr. Richardson is a reach at best.

There is no new coach because it would be too expensive to loose the one we have.

There are no new players because it would cost too much to bring them in.

There are no wins because there exists no continuity and no improvement upon a team that was bad last season.

A lot of these things could have been fixed with the right moves in the offseason in terms of staff and players alike, but instead JR prepared his budget for a potential lockout 2011 and decided this year was going to be a year to clean house and pack it up. Everybody that knew anything saw this kind of season coming a mile away unless it turned out that Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen were years ahead in development.

His sons were fired because they were in conflict with each other and it couldn't be resolved.

You can't ignore the lockout. As the business owner, he has to protect his interests.

Jerry has never shyed away from spending money on the team when it was needed. There's no reason to believe he won't do it again once the labor situation is resolved.

Posted · Report post

We'll have to wait and see if he's smarter than every other team in the league that actually improved this year.

Posted · Report post

JR''s biggest mistake was expecting football fans to understand and go along with a long term building strategy as opposed to a win now at all cost strategy.

Posted · Report post

Like Mav1234, I have suffered permanent damage to my eyes. However, Ladypanther gave us something to think about. We like to bitch about "JR this and JR that" but if you really think about it, while JR was laid up and having a heart transplant, the organization started its decline into what we have today...a complete mess.

Although Fox has been bad this year, he can't be singled out as the "scape goat". This has been building up for a couple years, especially with some really bad choices by the FO in who we keep, who we draft and FA signings.

The rebuilding off this team has to start at the top, the FO.

Posted · Report post

:yesnod:

Posted · Report post

JR''s biggest mistake was expecting football fans to understand and go along with a long term building strategy as opposed to a win now at all cost strategy.

Exactly...these moves had to be made. It was long over due and everyone should remember all the complaints they spewed over the last few years and they will agree.

We all thought this team would be better than they are now, including JR, but that just isn't the case. There are numerous reason why and they will all be removed after the season. No where to go but up from here.

Posted · Report post

Nicely written. I didn't expect this team to fall as much as it has from last season either.

JR has taken a lot of criticism this year. Some have even said that he does not care about winning, just saving money. Can you imagine JR firing his sons if that was the case? JR is positioning this team to be a champion. His next coach will be someone he believes in, period. Money will not be a factor.

I'm hoping this is the case.

Posted · Report post

Fantastic. Thank you for starting this Post! The truth is that I believe in JR. W or L, we have one of the best owners in the league. The Panthers will get back on track, as fans we just need to hang in there with them.

Posted · Report post

Kinda like the one that got us to the playoffs in 96 but left us hurting for 97 and 98 (yet folks still think Bill Polian should have been kept).

Posted · Report post

Kinda like the one that got us to the playoffs in 96 but left us hurting for 97 and 98 (yet folks still think Bill Polian should have been kept).

I mean, he has been decent with Indy, and he wanted who was it, over Jason Peter in '98? Can't remember his name presently, Green Bay DE...

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments