Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade the number one overall pick?

95 posts in this topic

Posted

I would trade it. You'll have teams like the Cardinals, 49ers, and Jags that will have poor records but not poor enough for a top 2 pick. With the new rookie wage scale you may be able to get a small ransom from a team. Something along the lines of their 1st, 2nd, and a swap of 3rd or 4th rounders.

We should go DT,RG,CB, in that order. I wouldn't be opposed to taking two DT's.

Posted

We might not have a choice. The last few drafts no one really wanted the number 1 pick. Teams wanted to trade down and no one stepped up. It has almost become a problem not a great opportunity.

Posted

Definitely should try and trade down... so many issues with needing O-Line, D-Line and secondary help... they need all the picks they can get...

Posted

Get a real starting quality NFL QB up in here. Then worry about the rest. Don't care how, just get it done.

Posted

I would be surprised if we took Luck.

Only way it happens is if we have hs coach.

This.

Get Clausen and Smitty some help with AJ Green or get the best defensive prospect in the entire draft Patrick Peterson win/win.

Posted

if we are stuck at #2 and luck isn't available, I say do it. no point in overdrafting someone. slide down a few spots, then possibly slide down a few more until we can draft locker or some sh*t...

jk, draft that corner from LSU, I hear he is the tits.

This is the only way I see it. If you skip on a good QB for the team your a fool.

Posted

This may be the best chance we have in a decade to get a legitimate franchise QB. Unless they see something in Clausen that defies what the majority of us see right now.

Posted

Nope, Luck looks like a franchise QB - when you are in position to draft one of those guys you take them.

Posted

This may be the best chance we have in a decade to get a legitimate franchise QB. Unless they see something in Clausen that defies what the majority of us see right now.

Nope, Luck looks like a franchise QB - when you are in position to draft one of those guys you take them.

agreed with these.

1 person likes this

Posted

This.

Get Clausen and Smitty some help with AJ Green or get the best defensive prospect in the entire draft Patrick Peterson win/win.

I think if we go after another WR that high it would be to replace Smith not help him here.

Posted

You cant pass on a guy like Andrew Luck but if hes not there and we manage to get 2 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd I'd say do it. Maybe Patrick Peterson and a real d lineman. Too bad those bafoons traded our now early 2nd round pick for armanti edwards.... that would be a starter on d line or o line.

Posted

Too bad those bafoons traded our now early 2nd round pick for armanti edwards.... that would be a starter on d line or o line.

This.

A.E will be activated for the second time this season on Sunday as the emergency QB. Great... He might be something in 3 seasons, but until then...