Photo
- - - - -

Question about concussions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

I agree with this and the league has done nothing but take steps to help prevent head injuries lately so I doubt anything shady is going on. If that was what Real Deal was implying.

Fug it.

Let's try something new.

To erase any kind of controversy at all, should the league implement a mandated 1 week "medical suspension" to all players who leave the game/practice with a head injury?

I know Catman there are different degress of severity but if only 2/40 (my guess keeps going up) players are cleared to play then it's not enough to NOT suspend them all.

#26 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Fug it.

Let's try something new.

To erase any kind of controversy at all, should the league implement a mandated 1 week "medical suspension" to all players who leave the game/practice with a head injury?

I know Catman there are different degress of severity but if only 2/40 (my guess keeps going up) players are cleared to play then it's not enough to NOT suspend them all.

I would say this is where the NFL is heading. Damn this thread was like solving a rubiks cube.

#27 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

No, that's too vague (imho). Define "head injury". (ie; concussion, headache, laceration to forehead, bruise on back of head, forehead, side of head, earache, toothache, broken jaw, etc...) What constitutes a "head injury"?

Where are you getting this 2/40 number? I'm not sure this is an accurate representation. Link?

#28 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

I don't think Moore should have played following his concussion, but hindsight is 20/20. I do not think he was forced to in order to keep his job, I think he honestly wanted to get out there and play for the team. if he was pressured... heh... well without proof speculation is worthless.

I do think that in the case of a concussion, a player should be required to miss a week. I just don't think the NFL should play around with that sort of head injury.

#29 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Yes using that logic I'm also explaining why Rodgers sucks and why Cutler and Hasselback and so on don't suck?

YOU let it go :)

LOL

None of this explains why Stewart has sucked... :(

#30 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

I wish Fox would get a concussion. Make him sit out a game or two.... :coolgleamA:

#31 weyco2000

weyco2000

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

I tend to agree wth RealDeal on this one...remember Dan Morgan? IMO, the league should mandate that a concussed player sit for at least a game. BTW, this is the same league that fines and suspends players for helmet to helmet contact..right? The Panthers aren't worried about a concussed player, so why should the NFL be concerned?

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:38 AM

"I do not think he was forced to in order to keep his job, I think he honestly wanted to get out there and play for the team. if he was pressured... heh... well without proof speculation is worthless."

"...remember Dan Morgan? IMO, the league should mandate that a concussed player sit for at least a game. BTW, this is the same league that fines and suspends players for helmet to helmet contact..right? The Panthers aren't worried about a concussed player, so why should the NFL be concerned?"

This was my point with regard to the new policy- it is no longer up to the team or the player to decide when he is ready to play. The team and independent physicians must test and re-test during the course of the practice week and, from what I'm reading, the team has little to say in the matter if the independent doc's tests don't pass, the guy sits. All of these test results go to the league office and the league is trying to make this whole business as transparent as possible simply because of what went on in the past (Dan Morgan, for one).

#33 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

They may not be able to purposely pass the test but they can certainly purposely fail.