#16 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,684 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

So you double Smith (2 Players) then put 8-9 guys in the box? That totals 10-11 players.

That leaves our other receiver with either single coverage and no safety over the top or literally no one covering him.

You sir would be a bad DC.

(I'm still trying to figure out what Steve's stats from last game tell you/me. I was pointing out you can't say all rookies AND Steve Smith because it makes your statement sound dumb. Usually it's one rookie and SS)

8-9 in the box means how the defense looks before the snap. After the snap, they don't stand still in the same spot. The linemen still either pressure the QB or stop the O line from blocking the second level. The linebackers still blitz, spy or fall back into coverage. The DBs still cover their zones/receivers.
I don't know why you're saying he'd be a bad DC. Its called disguising the play.
To beat the Panthers with Clausen starting... just show up.

#17 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

If we would have traded D-Will to Detriot (sic) for the number one pick

Why the hell would Detroit give us #1 for Deangelo Williams? Are you new to Professional American Football?

RB's have a short shelf-life compared to other positions. Detroit landed a dominating pass-rusher, one of the most important positions in the NFL, and generally have a long shelf-life. Williams is a RB on the backside of his career, considering his age/position. If you were the Lions, would you make that deal?

Heck, if we had Jahvid Best, and the Lions had Deangelo Williams, would you trade straight up? (Hint: The answer is no)

#18 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,684 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

Why the hell would Detroit give us #1 for Deangelo Williams? Are you new to Professional American Football?

RB's have a short shelf-life compared to other positions. Detroit landed a dominating pass-rusher, one of the most important positions in the NFL, and generally have a long shelf-life. Williams is a RB on the backside of his career, considering his age/position. If you were the Lions, would you make that deal?

Heck, if we had Jahvid Best, and the Lions had Deangelo Williams, would you trade straight up? (Hint: The answer is no)

Stafford?

#19 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Williams has done as bad as Clausen, yet no one is calling for his head. Maybe... just maybe... the problem is the OL/Coaching? Some people are complete idiots.

Like, you for example...

#20 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

btw what is the OP based on??

#21 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

You should be a pro scout. You can determine how good a rookie QB will be in 3 years in only 3 games? Wow your good. (Sarcasm).

You dont realize that jimmy throws the ball out of bounds 90% of the time and cant get the ball over the line of scrimmage? You think he has any potential at all? damn you suck noob (Sarcasm)

#22 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

Is this the smack forum or what?

#23 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

They offered it. Where have you been know it all?

#24 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Is this the smack forum or what?

This is the get high have fun and laugh forum. :rofl:

#25 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

8-9 in the box means how the defense looks before the snap. After the snap, they don't stand still in the same spot. The linemen still either pressure the QB or stop the O line from blocking the second level. The linebackers still blitz, spy or fall back into coverage. The DBs still cover their zones/receivers.
I don't know why you're saying he'd be a bad DC. Its called disguising the play.
To beat the Panthers with Clausen starting... just show up.

You really think lining up with no one covering a receiver would work as a disguise? Get real.

#26 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

They offered it. Where have you been know it all?

Source?

#27 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Source?

the huddle.

no one offered a number one or even a first round pick for williams.

#28 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,684 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

You really think lining up with no one covering a receiver would work as a disguise? Get real.

Go back and watch week 1. Moore's first interception. Stewart went in motion wide right, no one covering him.

#29 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Go back and watch week 1. Moore's first interception. Stewart went in motion wide right, no one covering him.

Well if our QB is going to play like Teh Suck then any defense would work. Is that what you are getting at?

#30 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

You dont realize that jimmy throws the ball out of bounds 90% of the time and cant get the ball over the line of scrimmage? You think he has any potential at all? damn you suck noob (Sarcasm)

You realize Matt Moore forced the ball 3 times in the endzone and they were all picked off, when he could of thrown the ball away because there was nothing there. Clausen, regardless of his inexperience and growing pains.. has enough common sense to throw the ball away when there is nothing there, or when the so called "O-Line" collapses.

You know by posting "(sarcasm)" after your last sentence you stated that Clausen has potential?

And your calling me a "noob"? What are you, a child? You should do what you avatar represents and kill yourself.

Look people, I am not kissing Clausen's ass. I just know that you can't bail on a rookie with such little experience. Especially at a position that takes time to develop. Throw him in the fire the rest of the season and let him sink or swim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com