• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:42 AM

There are title implications in it this year for the Pack. Even so...this is a HUGE game for State fans. The team looks forward to it every year and this year should be a good one. There are too many important matchups in this game to break it down into what is most important. Wilson vs. Carter, Yates vs. Irving, UNCs OL vs. NCSUs blitz...Just too many factors. I'll put it this way. The team that wins the turnover battle will win this game IMO. Both teams can put up points and both teams can play good defense. State's achilles heel this year has been turnovers in the redzone. I honestly haven't watched A LOT of UNC but I'd say turnovers are what plague them as well.

Should be a fun game with a ton of bragging rights as well as other implications. I hope I can find a bar in Indianapolis that is carrying it.

#2 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

I hope to be there. I want nothing more than the complete and systematic annihilation of the Wolfpack.

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,890 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

all depends on if the good russell wilson shows up, if he does he is gonna torch the secondary of the holes

#4 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

all depends on if the good russell wilson shows up, if he does he is gonna torch the secondary of the holes

I have heard nothing but that since Saturday about 730 throughout the Raleigh/Apex area.....don't let Saturday fool you guys, there will be a much better chance of sending more blitzes and dropping lbs into coverage than there were on Saturday. Both NCSU and Carolina had top 35 pass defenses before two weeks ago. Obviously NCSU moved up playing a horrid Wake team, and Carolina moved back because of the last two games , but against VT those numbers were because of setting up a double spy on Tyrod. You will not see that type of defense against NCSU.

I think this game will be a higher scoring game, and the team to win the TO battle like Uni said will win the game. Just kind of depends on which defense shows up for the teams...Does Carolina show up with the pass defense like the last few weeks, or does NCSU bring back the pass defense that let ECU explode on them?

#5 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

Like I said...TO battle. NCSU is 4th in TO margin and UNC is 8th. Here is the breakdown:

NCSU has forced 15 fumbles and 8 INTS.
UNC has forced 5 fumbles and 13 INTS

NCSU has lost 6 fumbles and 12 INTS
UNC has lost 12 fumbles and 8 INTS

However, one stat that will definitely be in play come saturday will be red zone efficiency. UNC is stingy in the red zone and Russell has actually thrown a good number of his INTs in the red zone.

Last but not least will be the kicking game. NCSU has a new kicker, Hawthorne. I have no clue how he will perform under pressure and I'm SURE that if it comes down to kicking a 35+ yard field goal or going for it...TOB is going for it every time. I don't see him letting this game be decided by our kicker. Which is a little scary considering its probably going to be a close game.

#6 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Another factor could be pressure, which is clearly on the shoulders of NCSU. UNC is playing for pride and a tire bowl at this point, but throw out the records and stats in this one. Should be a great game!

#7 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

This game would have meant a lot more to me if we had beaten VT. I'm just too bummed to get excited right now. I wanted that one bad.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

This is the first time in 4 years this game has meant anything more than just being a rivarly game for the Pack. Which scares the crap out of me.

#9 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

This is the first time in 4 years this game has meant anything more than just being a rivarly game for the Pack. Which scares the crap out of me.

It definitely means more BUT "technically" if FSU loses at UMD, the NCSU/UMD winner, regardless of the UNC game, will go to Charlotte. However, the season just wouldn't mean as much if we lost to UNC even if we did go to the ACC Championship.

But it is a scenario where the UNC game isn't the "end all be all." Win out and everything takes care of itself.

#10 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Nate Irving will be waiting.

Posted Image

#11 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

damnit i just made that my sig.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

That is a NASTY hit...

#13 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

if Wilson shows up this will be a long day for our suspect second and nickel corners

#14 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

http://blogs.newsobs...and-the-rivalry

Seems Tom has some kind words of encouragement for the Heels.

"First off, I don’t think you ever want to see anybody in our conference in that situation," O'Brien said Monday at his weekly news conference, "because I believe we pride ourselves [on NCAA compliance] in the ACC, and I don’t know what the outcome is, other than there seems to be something over there going on."

Tom goes on to say...

"Second of all, anytime you have an agent thing, I think, certainly you have to evaluate what you’re doing and look at what your program is doing, if you’re doing the right things as far as protecting your players and educating them and making sure that you’re doing the best you can. Because certainly no one in college football lives in a glass house. It could happen a lot of different places."

If that wasn't enough...

"The constant struggle we have as coaches and - I’m not going to speak for [N.C. State athletic director Debbie Yow] here - but as administrators is to make sure you’re doing the right things and we’re abiding by the rules and regulations not only of North Carolina State but of the NCAA," O'Brien said.

Please don't stop now...

O'Brien said the implications for the ACC title game are important Saturday, but they don't make the rivalry game more significant.

Right... hasn't winning 3 straight over Carolina, overshadowed 3 straight losing seasons (13-17 conference record 2007-Present)?

"That’s the carrot to win the game, to get to the ACC championship," O'Brien said. "As I said Saturday, the road to Charlotte goes through Chapel Hill. You have to get through Chapel Hill. Well, if you’re at N.C. State and you’re part of this football program, you have to win in Chapel Hill anyway.

Thanks Tom, you may end up in Charlotte...at the "tire bowl". Mean while just be quite, your next opponent is listening to your every word.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

So what he said was inaccurate?

I wonder how actual UNC fans feel about Butchie and the dark cloud his team has cast over the school. I get the fact that the Walmart Carolina fans don't care about cheating or academic infractions because they never had anything to do with the college itself....so they'll keep on defending him while the true fans want him out on the street.

Me personally he is like the football equivalent of Matt Doherty and I wish UNC would sign him to an extension. Have fun watching us in the ACC Championship. All your 8 win seasons never got you this close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com