player fans...

#77 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

let me also let it be known that i do not have hatred for clausen because he is now our QB, I just like andrew luck better.

#78 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

He did a nice job avoiding mistakes today but he still has a big problem reading the field. If the first read isn't there he tends to struggle. Anyway we really have to wait and see if he can keep this up over the next few games. I have my doubts he can do that.

#79 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

he's playing like a rookie, but he didn't make any critical, game-changing mistakes. this is good for a rookie. He played the kind of game that would be a win on a team with a good defense.

as an aside, why does it matter what you think of Luck RE: Clausen? Clausen had a decent, not great, game... but he's a rookie... and honestly, there's a good chance we take Luck even if Clausen looks okay if Luck comes out.

#80 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

he did NOT bail on the play, he was throwing to an open rosario... he just expected rosario to continue his route instead of sitting on it..

I didn't see that. It looked like Rpsario had already turned back like it was a hook/curl route over the middle and Clausen threw it to that spot where he was standing. I could be wrong, but it looked like Clausen KNEW Rosario was there, and that's where he threw it to.

The reason I have a problem with what he's doing is because often times, even with our elementary play design, routes work off of other routes... ESPECIALLY, against a team that plays zone like the Bucs. One receiver runs one route while the other receiver runs another and they kind of compliment each other b/c it's making the guys on defense make a decision and bite on one route, potentially leaving the other route open - as Smitty was on this play.

Clausen isn't allowing those things to happen.

#81 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

He does sometimes. He's not perfect by any means, but I think he showed improvement in that area this week over past weeks; he is still getting rid of the ball too quick at times, but I 100% guarantee you that the VAST majority of the short routes today, during the first half especially, were BY DESIGN.

#82 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

WHY? yOU Ask WHY?

Because you do not want to draft a college QB that cannot even lead his team to victory ! MAKE Sense? Yes it does.

Let's see, with all the resources, name and money of Notre Dame to recruit, Clausen lost to who? Navy (twice), Boston College, North Carolina, Air Force, Georgia Tech (back when they were not good), Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and Connecticut among others.

But yet, all we see is people making EXCUSES for Clausen.

So basically, you would draft Armanti over John Elway?

You would be the only one.

Football is a team sport. Individuals don't win, teams do. And Notre Dame now is not the Notre Dame of the past. They don't recruit as well as they use to, and they didn't put anywhere near the talent around Clausen that was around The Golden Calf of Bristol, or Mccoy, or Bradford.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 November 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#83 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

I have to admit, for the first time in a LONG time, I fell asleep right before the kickoff and didn't wake up till about halfway through the 2nd qtr. So I can't speak on most of the first half plays. But, from that point on, what I saw looked like the same old Jimmy in terms of bailing on plays when there is still a play to be made.

He did look better, but I'm not ready to say he's improved because he's still struggling to make the "easy" big plays that the defense gives him and is checking down or throwing away too early. And his completion % is still horrible. He did look better, but not enough to say he IS better IMO

#84 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

anyone that pretends they know Clausen's future (good or bad) is merely speculating and if they are LUCKY, may be proven right..

it'll take 3-4 years to find out the truth.. you may be the only one that doesn't realize this, but you look ridiculous by thinking you know that truth at this point..

#85 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Everybody's different. You can tell the game slowed down a bit for him. He looked much better. I just hope he gains the confidence to go down field more.

#86 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

So basically, you would draft Armanti over John Elway?

You would be the only one.

Football is a team sport. Individuals don't win, teams do. And Notre Dame now is not the Notre Dame of the past. They don't recruit as well as they use to, and they didn't put anywhere near the talent around Clausen that was around The Golden Calf of Bristol, or Mccoy, or Bradford.

No one said that Wake Forest fan! Why make things up?
Teams may win, but the QB, who has the football in his hands every play and decides what to do with it, is the most important person in that team winning.
With Notre Dame's rep they should still beat those teams mentioned, ESPECIALLY if your hero Clausen is worth anything.

#87 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Whether you like Clausen or not, there's no way you can say he didn't play better today... does he still look like a rookie, yes he does, but at least he improved. Hopefully he can stay healthy and the oline will keep getting better and he'll get pt through the end of the season and we'll have to see from there.

#88 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Clausen had a 28.5% QB rating last Sunday...............
HOW could he have not looked better?

I said that he would look better the first of the week. Would have been hard to have been wrong.

#89 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

what does it matter what Clausen did last sunday...? Nobody would say he looked good, but what does it matter who would have looked better or wose?

you're just crazy dude. I hope AE gets a chance sometime soon, but you're going a bit overboard with the hate here, don't you think?

#90 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

No one said that Wake Forest fan! Why make things up?
Teams may win, but the QB, who has the football in his hands every play and decides what to do with it, is the most important person in that team winning.
With Notre Dame's rep they should still beat those teams mentioned, ESPECIALLY if your hero Clausen is worth anything.

Clausen is certainly not my hero. Why are you making things up? I support whomever the Panther QB is, even if its Edwards. I just think this notion that winning in college somehow equates to success in the NFL is ludicrous. And reputation means nothing. Well, except that the other team might play a littel bit harder against a team with a big rep.

I will say this, and then get on to other more important things. Winning in college is mostly irrelevant when it comes to winning in the pro's. Teams win games, not individuals. You take Peyton Manning, put him back in college on a team of scrubs, and he would not win many games. You take an average college QB, surround him with allstar talent, and he is going to win a lot of games. Thats just the way it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com