Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luck or AJ Green?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Luck. and if we have the 1st overall and trade down for a late round first and a 2nd, the GM, be that Hurney or the new guy should immediately be fired. With what looks to be a rookie pay scale, the #1 overall should be worth two late round firsts easy, especially if a team is in love with a guy.

Posted

Looooooooonnnnnggggg way till April, fellas.

Posted

A.J. had a hard time getting decent separation from Auburns corners. Even when he got the ball he was barely open. Auburns DB's are pretty awful btw. Not impressed at all. I saw nothing elite from him. Decent yes. Elite no. I haven't watched Luck play at all so I can't comment.

Posted

Luck.

This is a QB League. We need one. Unless Clausen impresses everyone the next 7 games I don't see why we shouldn't take him. Bring in a vet to help him grow, maybe start until Luck feels comfortable to start, but if we have a chance to get a QB of the future, we shouldn't pass it up.

If Luck stays another year, I'm torn between helping our offense with Green, slightly because LaFell and Gettis are growing, or buffing up our D more.

Also, where is Bradford's and McCoy's big name supporting cast?

Posted

Drafting Luck is the obvious choice if we have the #1 overall pick. Trade Clausen for a 3rd if we can get it. A great Qb can make WRs look like All Stars. Look at Peyton.. he makes Pierre Garcon and Austen Collie look insane. I guarantee those guys would be nothing on the Carolina Panthers. QB is the answer.. the QB can improve our defense too.. keeping them off the field and keeping them fresh. Everything goes through the QB.

Posted

Vick will be a free agent...somehow convince philly to give him to us as well as other future draft picks(maybe trade our 1st pick?) and then do a little trading with our 3 STUD RBs and get a pick somewhere from 5-10 and grab AJ. Possible?

Posted

Why draft AJ Green when Alshon Jeffrey will be coming out in a year or two?

Posted

LUCK

and it's not even close

Posted

AJ Green.

A good coach and a solid vet QB can give you a good offense if you have legit talent.

Yeah, just wont win you a Super Bowl

Posted

No question it should be Luck, if Luck doesn't come out then we should trade down for somebody who wants Cam Newton.

Posted

Clausen doesn't have a good supporting cast

We're not fine at WR

And I'd take Luck

Posted

I argued that he already has a good supporting cast, the offense just looks like poo due to bad play calling and clausen looks like a deer in headlights under center.

You argued that he has a good supporting cast? Have you seen how atrocious our line is?

The entire argument seemed like he was being a huge homer, specifically when he claimed that luck is only a decent Pac-10 QB, and won't be an elite one in the NFL because he only plays in the Pac-10, but Clausen will... I called him a retard then named every good QB to ever come out of the Pac-10 in the history of the NFL.

I have a better one for you, name 1 good QB in the NFL today thats from the Pac 10 not named Aaron Rogers....

To give a rookie only 1 year to play the position and bail on him is ignorant. If we draft Luck he will be given more then 1 year, soooo why is he any different?