Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luck or AJ Green?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, just wont win you a Super Bowl

I believe Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs in 2002, veteran QB. So there goes your theory.

Posted

I believe Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs in 2002, veteran QB. So there goes your theory.

Last i checked that was a one of a kind buccaneers defense, same gos for Dilfer and the ravens....

there have also been several rule changes since then that make that style of play obsolete so you really haven't said a thing.

Posted

Luck or trade down for top DT.

Posted

I have a better one for you, name 1 good QB in the NFL today thats from the Pac 10 not named Aaron Rogers....

To give a rookie only 1 year to play the position and bail on him is ignorant. If we draft Luck he will be given more then 1 year, soooo why is he any different?

Name the last Notre Dame QB that was worth anything in the NFL...

We will bail on Jimmy this early because he looks absolutely, completely lost out on the field. We will have an entirely new coaching staff, none of which were responsible for drafting Jimmy. Competitively and financially we have very little to lose if we do draft Luck. (Just because we draft Andrew doesn't mean we cut Jimmy)

Posted

Luck or trade down for top DT.

There will be an outright revolt if Luck comes out and we trade out of the top pick...

Posted

Oh wow, the exception to the rule, tell me more. Don't leave out the part about the the majority of super bowl teams of the past ten years having elite qbs.

Posted

It would be nice to just sign two new DTs and a TE, draft Luck, then say screw it and trade back into the first for Justin Blackmon. This is a weak draft overall, so wouldn't mind targeting a few specific players in the first at the expense of our third and fourth round picks this year.

Posted

Oh wow, the exception to the rule, tell me more. Don't leave out the part about the the majority of super bowl teams of the past ten years having elite qbs.

If you want to say Eli Manning is elite, we'll all point and laugh at you...so theres yet ANOTHER exception...........

Posted

Name the last Notre Dame QB that was worth anything in the NFL...

We will bail on Jimmy this early because he looks absolutely, completely lost out on the field. We will have an entirely new coaching staff, none of which were responsible for drafting Jimmy. Competitively and financially we have very little to lose if we do draft Luck. (Just because we draft Andrew doesn't mean we cut Jimmy)

You still have the GM who drafted Jimmy and WANTS him there. No ND QB has been good for awhile, i didnt want to draft him. But Im not going to bail after 1 bad season, if Luck does awful are you going to bail after 1 year?

Posted

If you want to say Eli Manning is elite, we'll all point and laugh at you...so theres yet ANOTHER exception...........

Except

Eli Manning isn't the exception to the rule?

He's actually a pretty good QB?

No he's not elite, but he's a franchise QB.

Posted

Except

Eli Manning isn't the exception to the rule?

He's actually a pretty good QB?

No he's not elite, but he's a franchise QB.

What is your definition of elite, and then what is your definition of a franchise QB.

Posted

You still have the GM who drafted Jimmy and WANTS him there. No ND QB has been good for awhile, i didnt want to draft him. But Im not going to bail after 1 bad season, if Luck does awful are you going to bail after 1 year?

If Clausen actually showed signs of improvement, or at least played decently instead of bad every week, sometimes even regressing, no one would want to bail after a year.

Bailing on a 2nd round draft pick is ok, and that's what he was a supposed 1st round pick who feel to the 2nd round.

On top of that, if we draft Luck, no one says we have to give up on Jimmy. Go into the season as the starter and it's his job to lose, just like Moore's job.